Chapter 1

- Yang's Pov-

As I walked through the house,  I really started looking at the photos, and noticed that there was only one of my dad with his team. Looking at the photo, I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. On the one hand, it was funny to see my dad and uncle dressed in clothes that couldn't be more out of fashion. But on the other, it was painful to see Summer, the woman who raised me, and Raven the woman who had given birth to me and left.

However, I soon noticed that Team STRQ weren't the only ones in the picture. With them was a young man with ( hair color and style) and ( eye color) eyes. He was about as tall as Uncle Qrow, and he was beaming. His arm was around Raven, and she was looking at him with irritation, though it seemed to be playful.

Dad told lots of stories regarding his time at Beacon, but I don't think I remember this man being mentioned. Curiosity got the best of me, and I called for Dad. He came in with Zwei, and asked what I wanted.

I pointed to the picture. " Who is that? I don't think you've ever mentioned him." When I ask this, he lets out a huge sigh and runs his hands through his hair.

" (y/n) (l/n). He was pretty good friends with all of Team STRQ. His team was the second strongest to graduate that year. Back then he was drinking buddies with your uncle."

" If he's good friends with you, why haven't I ever seen him visit, or heard you talk with him over your Scroll?"

Dad scratches his head, and lets out another sigh. " (y/n) came by to visit when you were born, and then again when Ruby was born. And while he was friends with my team, he and I weren't the closest.  We got along, but there was just always a lot of stuff between us."

He looks at the photo, and a wistfulness enters his eyes. His gaze lingers for a minute on (y/n) with his arm around Raven. " He and your mom were really good friends. They didn't seem like they would be, but they were. All the time, they hung out together. We all knew he had feelings for her, and actually the rest of my team took bets on if they would end up together. But, it turns out she didn't have feelings for him."

I put the rest of it together. " She had feelings for you. So, that's why he doesn't visit."

" Yeah, more or less. And there is another reason. When your mom and I ended up together, he just got the hell outta dodge. Didn't even show up to graduation. Actually we all assumed he had died," Dad admits. " But then when he came to visit we knew he wasn't. When your mom went missing, he dedicated his life to finding her and bringing her back. Far as I know, he's still on that quest."

" Can I ask for a favor then Dad?"

" Of course you can my little sun dragon."

" Can you call him, and see if you can convince him to visit? I'd like to ask him some questions about mom, and the type of person she was since both you and him fell for her."

Dad sighs again, and nods. He dials the number on his scroll, and leaves the room.

- Taiyang Pov-

The scroll rings for sometime before he picks up. " Tai," he says simply. I can hear the sounds of him fighting Grimm. " Now is not the best of times."

" Yeah well, I know you can handle it buddy," I say less than fondly. Other than what I told Yang, there's some other stuff that happened between us.

" Look unless this about Raven, I would rather not have this conversation with you. Or hell, any conversation," he states.

" You know that not everything in this life is about her. It's about my daughter, Yang. She wants to meet you."

Dead silence, other than him slashing down Grimm. " Yeah okay," he says finally. " But just so you and I are on the same page, this isn't for you."

Before he and I get more irritated with each other, I thank him. We exchange details on when and where he can meet up with me, and he hangs up.