Chapter 6

You nod to her request. " Your mom was something else, and I mean that in the best possible way. Strong. Confident. Angry, but protective. Sarcastic. She was one of the best fighters I ever knew. Actually, maybe the best."

" Even better than Dad and Uncle Qrow," she asks, and you nod again. " Qrow is stronger than her, but with her portals she could probably beat him. And as for your dad, she always beat him when they sparred," you tell her.

" What about you? How did you do against her?"

" Pretty well, but she was able to beat me. When she figured out how to counter my Semblance, and the Rasengan, I could never actually beat her. That was another thing about your mom. Like I said, she was a genius."

" Oh wow. How did she beat your Semblance?"

You smile wistfully and are taken back to all the times you sparred with Raven. " If I threw my kunai at her, she would portal them to the middle of nowhere. When I fought her, I couldn't use my teleportation, and she would just blitz me before I could form Rasengan."

" Dad says you and her were really good friends? Is that true?" You can tell that as you talk with her that Yang is slowly starting to feel better, or at the very least is having her mind taken off the events that got her here.

" Yeah. We were sparring partners, and helped each other perfect our teleportation.  And she was a big fan of reading, and I was also. The " Ninja's of Love" series your friend Blake reads was actually inspired by my favorite series back then. " Make-Out Tactics."

Yang laughs at you, and you realize that it sounds almost exactly like when Raven used too. " You seriously read that crap?"

" It isn't crap!" You say defensively. " My combat professor wrote them! And he's the reason I'm so strong today."

" Whatever," she scoffs. " Ah, thank you. I needed that laugh. Make-Out Tactics. Oh, Oum."

" I'm glad you can get some laughter at my expense. Anyways, yeah your mom and I would spend hours in the library reading."

" Did you ever date anyone other than mom? Before or after she got with Tai?"

You sigh. " Uh, no. Not really. Not before. I almost ended up dating my partner Kushina, but she could tell I had feelings for your mother, so she turned me down."

" Oh. So, are were you in love with her back then? And are you in love with her now?"

" Yes. I mean, if I wasn't I would just give up and leave her to her own devices. I mean, after all like everyone points out, she doesn't want to be found. But every time I think of her dying or getting hurt, my body just reacts and I go back out looking for her."

" When did you realize you were in love with her?"

- Flashback Your pov-

You and Qrow stand in the corner and watch everyone in the room dance with someone. He turns to the punch bowl, and scoffs. " Too bad no one has spiked the punch yet," he says.

" Yeah that'd make it a bit more fun," you admit. " Why don't you go find Summer?"

He scoffs. " Oh, she's dancing with Tai. So yeah, I'm good."

The two of you look around for a bit, and confirm that Summer is with Tai. Meanwhile, you survey the room and find Raven standing alone. She doesn't seem sad or lonely, just not exactly happy either. And she looks beautiful in her black dress. You can't believe no one wanted to dance with her.

Qrow elbows you. " Dude, stop ogling my sister. That's just weird."

" Why didn't anyone want to dance with her, or even invite her to this dance?" Qrow sighs. " They were scared of her, or something. Plus she wanted Tai to ask her."

" I'll be back man," you tell him, and you start walking over to Raven. You tap her on the shoulder, and she turns to look at you. She gives a small smile, and her red eyes soften. " May I have this dance?"

She chuckles. " You may. But I'll lead."

The two of you start to slow dance, and sway to the music. " I'm just gonna say it," you state. " If no one asked you to the dance, then everyone at Beacon is stupid. You're beautiful."

" Thank you," she says as she blushes and smiles.

- Present Day-

" So yeah," you tell Yang. " That was about when."