Chapter 8

As soon as she says that, your anger returns. " Is there an explanation that effectively covers why you left your daughter, and let me waste my adult life looking for you? Why you didn't check in on her when Beacon was being invaded. Because if there isn't, I think I'm ready to fight you again."

" You'd lose," she says simply. " And I know that even if you won't like my explanation, you do want to know why I left. Don't act like you can pass that chance up."

She takes your silence as a chance to keep talking. " Qrow and I were raised by a bandit tribe. We were taught how to survive in the world. He and I decided to become huntsman to protect them. But by brother left them. I returned to them, and became their leader. That's why I left Yang and Tai. I needed to protect them."

One of your kunai whizzes past her ear, and you teleport above her. Aiming a Rasengan at her, a red portal opens. Before you can react, you call through it and land on a branch of a tree. Another red portal opens and she smashes you through the branch and you crash onto the ground.

" (y/n)...I don't want to hurt you. But I will if you keep attacking me," she says.

You rise to your feet. " You needed to protect the bandit tribe, but not your own daughter?"

Before she can answer you dash for her. She swings her sword at you, and you smirk. You parry it with a kunai, which you then toss behind her. Teleporting to the kunai, you connect a Rasengan with her back, sending her through a tree.

You're about to throw a kunai to follow up, when a portal opens behind you and she hits the back of your head with the hilt of her katana. You try to sweep her leg, but she portals in front of you and kicks you in the chest.

" You can't win (y/n). I figured out to counter your Semblance when we were back in Beacon. And right now, you aren't thinking rationally. Your feelings for me are limiting you."

" Damn it Raven," you say. Tears well in your eyes. " Come home. Not for me, but for your daughter. She wants to meet you. And Tai, I'm sure he'd love to see you."

" Tai is even dumber than my brother. In this world there are the strong and the weak. Neither of them managed to grasp that, and sadly you haven't either."

Forming a Rasengan, you struggle to your feet. " Strong or weak huh? Which one I am then?" You lunge and her, and she blocks the Rasengan with her sword. You push with all your might and send her flying. You toss a kunai above her, and teleport to her, and kick her into the ground.

You throw a kunai at her head and teleport to it. With a Rasengan in hand, you're going to finish this fight. Except...you can't. At the last minute, you smash the Rasengan into the ground next to her.

She smiles sadly. " I told you (y/n). You're still in love with me. And even if you logically tell yourself to try and hurt, or even kill me...you can't bring yourself too."

Dejected, you slump to the ground. " Finish it then," you tell her. " If I can't...then you should. It'd be best for both of us. Otherwise we'll keep doing this. You'll disappear, and I'll try to find you. I will, you'll say something. We fight. I can't kill you and then we're back where we started."

Raven rises to her feet. " I can't kill you either," she admits. " When I hit you with the hilt of my sword, it was supposed to be with the blade. At the last moment, I hesitated and switched to the hilt."

" Then...come home," you plead. She shakes her head. " I can't. I need to protect the bandits who raised me. They need me. And before you say that Yang does too, it's too late for me to be a part of her life."

You open your mouth, but she cuts you off. " And before you say anything, yes it is too late. Regardless of who gave birth to her, Summer is her mother. She was the one who raised her. So, she doesn't need me. No one does, other than the bandits."

" I do," you admit. " I'm in love with you damn it. I have spent years of my life looking for you, and trying to find you. I want to help you."

She thinks about it for a while, before sighing. " Give me a kunai," she says. You hand one to her. " I promise I'll hold onto this one. If I need anything, I'll let you know."