Chapter 4

- Your Pov-

After a while, Qrow texts you to let you know that he's arrived at the Crowbar. You teleport to his kunai, and retrieve it from his hand. He turns to the bartender and orders drinks for the two of you. The two of you sit at the bar, and make small talk for a while, and watch some of the fights on the television.

" Soo..." he says. " You saw Raven huh? What exactly happened?"

" Your nieces and their team were fighting some White Fang, and trying to stop a Grimm invasion. Yang was in over her head, and I teleported in to save her from Neo. When I got there, Raven was also teleporting in to save her. Then I went after Raven and she jack rabbited."

He takes a long chug and sets his glass down, and the bartender goes to refill it. " At least there's that," says Qrow. " Are they okay?"

" Yeah, they didn't manage to stop the invasion, but they did really minimize the potential impact of it."

He says his thanks as the bartender brings him another drink, and he turns back to you. " I gotta ask (y/n)...why are you still looking for her? She clearly doesn't want to be found. You're wasting your life."

You sigh, and take a long swig of your drink. " I don't know many. Yeah, she doesn't wanna be found. I would've managed to find her by now if she wanted me too. But I guess I remember who she was when we went to Beacon, and I don't want to except that that Raven is gone forever."

Qrow pinches the bridge of his nose. " Yeah okay. But, are you willing to except the reality that she may just have lost herself into the darkness? You know as well as I do that Raven always had her dark side, and this time it may not be possible to pull her out of it. And even if it is possible, it isn't your responsibility."

The two of you sit in silence for a minute, before he asks, " You were...in love with her weren't you?"

An awkward silence fills the room. " Uh yeah," you admit. He smirks. " That why you bailed on us and left before graduation?"

" Yeah, it was. I didn't wanna be around. I figured that by being around, Raven and Tai would feel guilty around me, and I wanted them to be happy."

" I'm gonna say this, and you'll probably find some dry irony in it. When you disappeared, Raven used her portals to look for you, but since you could teleport she couldn't find you. Looks like things are a little different now."

You share a laugh with Qrow, before he goes to pick a fight with Winter. You sit back in amusement, before the fight ends abruptly. Qrow and Winter are called down to speak with Ozpin, and Qrow tells Glynda that you're coming with them.

In the room, you listen as the group erupts into arguing. Eventually, you and Winter are told to leave, and you go to watch the Festival. Yang pulls you aside, and walks with you. " Were you able to find her?"

" Sorry, but no. Her Semblance is another form of teleportation, but hers is a bit different from mine. Her teleportation is a bit slower, since she has to step through the portals. But, it has a much wider range than mine. She doesn't need a mark to be left to teleport there. By the time I stepped through the portal, she could've been anywhere."

She looks down dejected, and rubs her arm. " Sorry," she says. " If you hadn't had to help me, then you might've been able to go after her."

" It isn't your fault. Even if I had gone right after her, she could've left anyways. Besides, Tai woulda been even more pissed with me if I had left you."

Her smile returns, and she thanks you before going to join her team to decide who will fight in the doubles round. You smile sadly. Seeing her like that reminds you of Raven on the occasions she was happy.

As you're caught up in your nostalgia, a red portal opens underneath your feet. You fall through it, and land on your back in a cave. A sword is pointed at your neck, and you feel a foot on your chest. You open your eyes and see Raven standing over you.