Legolas Greenleaf, Prince Of Mirkwood

The slightly chilly air sent shivers down your spine as you looked up at the expanse of brightly sunlit trees and copper leaf covered ground. You gripped the armrests of your chair, your knuckles going white. Your long (h/c) hair brushed against your face as your eyes stared down at the target no mortal man could ever dream of hitting. Your personally crafted bow lay against the tree next to you, a quiver of arrows leaning against your chair while it's feathers moved in the gentle wind.

The sound of a twig snapping made your head turn to look around you. But you knew you were nowhere near any homesteads let alone castle guards. You looked at your bow and clenched your jaw before reaching out and taking hold of the tree next to you. With great effort you pulled yourself up to your feet, balancing against the tree. You looked to your mobile chair and closed your eyes against the frustration building up in your chest.

Besides, no one would go looking for a crippled Elf in the woods.

With one arm you hugged your body to the tree as you reached down for an arrow and your bow. Already, your knees were feeling weak but you promised yourself at least one shot. One shot while standing.

Any human that looked upon you would have applauded your bravery and determination to live on despite your disability. But elves were not so understanding and kindhearted. Several of your friends wondered why you did not join the elves that departed for the Gray Havens. But you had no answer for them, at least no answer that would satisfy them.

You didn't want to leave your home, your chance at a life, your family, and those friends who stood by you. But most importantly you didn't want to leave him. So when he asked you to go with him to Rivendell, for what you didn't know, you readily agreed. Secretly, you hoped you would not only be seen to by one of the best Elven healers in the known realms, but you also hoped to spend more time with your traveling companion. But as per usual, you were resting or asleep the entire trip due to your weak constitution.

However, since being in Rivendell, you have felt remarkably better. Arwen made it her duty to help you at any moment she could, never leaving your side. But when you expressed your wish to try your hand in archery, she allowed it on the one condition that you were to stay seated in your custom chair where they pushed you everywhere.

No matter how long you had been using it, a little part of you felt humiliated each time you were placed in it. Everyone treated you like you were about to fall apart. They looked down to you, spoken far too gently to, and was always asked if you were comfortable or needed anything. You knew they meant well, but you earned for something...normal.

So that was why you were where you were; pushing yourself off your tree and finding a balance on your numb legs, pulling back your arrow and aiming all while holding your breath. With a frustrated grunt, you let it fly, the arrow shooting forward only to embed itself in a tree three hands too far to the left.

You let your arms drop and sagged against the tree once again, your heart racing and your body aching. You closed your eyes as you rested your head against the cool bark of the tree, your brow dotted with sweat. Something rare for elves but common for you. But what was rare for you was the fact you were now standing for longer than ten breaths. So you mustered up the courage to try shooting one more time.

But you were unaware of the presence behind you until you wavered on your feet, your elbow knocking against your tree as your other hand reached down for another arrow. Suddenly there were hands around your waist and a breath on your neck. You stood absolutely still, your mind racing as to what to do. But you relaxed when they spoke.

"I have fallen back into a memory of my childhood unless you are a ghost," Legolas spoke with humor despite his quiet tone.

You smiled weakly, using his steady hands on your waist to hold you in place as you knocked your second arrow. "As I have told you before, I am growing stronger."