Faramir- Go On (pt2)

"Place her here." Faramir gestured for one of his men to a small room in one of the more intact buildings in the back of the city. "Have your best healer see to her. I cannot afford to take her with us so heavily incapacitated, nor can I have her stay here."

The ranger nodded and did as he was told. Faramir turned to your resting form as your carriers walked past him. Faramir reached down and moved a hair from your face, the stories of you and what you had done for the Hobbits playing back in his mind. He wondered if you had gotten along well with Boromir.

Sam was hard to keep calm, Frodo was surprisingly quiet most of the trip. Faramir kept them bound until they reached Osgiliath, sure that they did not have anywhere to run. Their gangly friend was not to get off so easily. Faramir made sure to have his men keep a close eye on it.

Madril was not keen on having the hobbits stay here. Or the injured woman. But Faramir didn't have much choice in the matter, especially when the city fell under attack.

~~~~~~~

You woke with a start to the sound of yelling men and a screaming Nazgul.

Nazgul.

Osgiliath was under attack.

With as much energy as you could muster, you pulled yourself up to a sitting position, placing a hand on the wall by your bed to steady yourself as the ground shook from the growing battle. You looked around, spotting your things in the corner of the room, receiving a nice layer of dust from the crumbling room.

Pain coursed through you as you swung your legs off the side of the bed. You were able to strap on your boots and dawn your weapons, but with great difficulty. After giving yourself a moment to collect yourself and bury the pain, you stepped out into the broken city, looking for your small Hobbit friends. 

The scream of the Nazgul made you turn, just in time to see Frodo stride toward it, his hand reaching for the ring around his neck. You wouldn't be able to get to him in time, even if you run. The thunder of your blood rushing through your ears made focusing hard, your breathing quickening. But there, just to the right of Frodo was Sam, looking around, calling out for Frodo. 

"SAM! THERE! RUN!" You yelled at him, catching his attention easily, your feminine voice carrying quickly over the deep shouts of the men trying to save the fallen city. 

Sam spotted you and a wave of surprise passed over him but quickly disappeared as he heeded your words, turning to Frodo and tackling him to the ground. You lost them down a set of stairs and the rush of men. Confident in Sam's ability to keep Frodo safe, you went searching for the very ranger who brought you here. 

Stumbling through the debris and rubble, you watched as a group of rangers with bows set up for a barrage. You shrugged off our bow and followed them, plucking an arrow from a fallen orc. You ignored the surprised glances from the other rangers and nodded to the gray-bearded man who looked to be in charge. 

You let out a breath and knocked an arrow, biting back a groan, the wound on your side screaming for relief. But you held strong. You watched as a sizable group of orcs came rushing through the archway, but they were chasing the very man you were looking for. Before you could stop yourself you called out to him. 

"FARAMIR!" 

The ranger looked up and spotted you and the other bowman in enough time to move to the side, just barely missing the release of a dozen arrows that fell the whole group of orcs. The gray-bearded man stepped forward and spoke with Faramir in quiet tones, though his body was ridged with fear and frustration. Faramir nodded, though his eyes kept straying to you. But you only spared him a glaring glance.