Faramir- Go on

"Frodo, Sam, you must leave me," you croaked as you clutched your middle, your blood seeping through your fingers.

Sam tried to steady you against a rock as your small group came to a stop by a marshy river. "Hush now, (y/n), we can rest for a moment now, here." He gestured to a clearing where the long grass moved with small creatures. "I'm sure I can catch something to cook."

You couldn't help but grin at his attempts to ease you. "Use my dagger. It will fare you far more than the rocks you have been using the last few hunts." You let out a hiss of breath through your teeth as you let yourself lean back on the rock.

Sam nodded. "Right. Right. I'm off."

Frodo came up next to you and sat down, sighing heavily. You looked over at him through laden eyes. He looked horrid, you not looking any better. Your eyed flickered to the Gollum creature as he pittled about, making odd noises, his smell reaching you and making you sick to your stomach. You coughed, drawing Frodo's attention.

The young ring bearer turned to you, his weakness sheading into worry as he took in your bleeding wound. "We need to change the bandage," his voice was low but the concern was still there.

You gave him a smile that felt more like a wince. "A gruesome business to be sure." You groaned as you sat up a bit, pointing to one of the packs Sam left behind as he went hunting. "Toss me that sack. How are you with blood?"

Frodo didn't answer as he grabbed what you needed, his movements slow. He reached for your wound but you stopped him, laughing weakly.

"Don't trouble yourself Frodo, I jest. Rest a moment as Sam fetches dinner."

Frodo looked at you a moment before nodding, his lack of persistence worrying you slightly. "I do not think we will ever get a proper dinner."

"Keep hope, Frodo. You never know what we will stumble across. Or do you wish to eat that Elvish bread for the remainder of this journey?" You looked at him only to see his head leaning back and his eyes closed.

It was time to see to that injury of yours. You hissed and bit back a groan as you pulled back your shirt enough to see the gaping wound on your side. It looked far worse than you had thought it would be. Black and blue covered the area around it twice as large as the stab wound itself. Thick blood trickled out with each breath you took. You were accustomed to the constant pain but the movements caused new levels of pain to wash over you, your vision blurring. You were quite sure the sword used to stab you was lined with some sort of poison.

You paid very little heed to what was going on around you as you tried to keep from passing out. By the time you had cleaned the wound as best you could and had it wrapped in fresher bandages you were covered with a thin layer of sweat and your hands were shaking. You closed your eyes a moment and leaned your head back, hoping to regain what strength you could to help the Hobbits along.

Had you not rushed after them and ignored their pleas for you to return back to Aragorn and the others, you would not have gotten hurt. then again, the Hobbits would not have been alive. the small group of Uruk-hai came out of nowhere and were determined not to fail. However, they did not know you would be there to stop them.

You knew not how long you laid still, the festering pain made it difficult to fall into any sleep. At one point you sturred at Gollum's annoying voice but quickly settled again. Your body ached, your head pounded, and your ears rang, but something smelled...good.

Blinking, you turned your head to see Sam sitting in front of a pot, stirring some sort of stew as Gollum wallowed in frustration, bounding about and spitting. Frodo looked a bit more himself as if the smell of real food alone filled him. You tried to sit up but your vision grew blurred and your head spun.