Peregrin Took

"Pippin! Slow down!"

You stumbled but giggled as you clutched fist fulls of your thick skirts up and out of the way of your feet, Pippin's laughter reaching your ears and making you smile wider. 

"We are almost there!" He called back to you. 

You shook your head and ran faster, your smile never leaving your lips. But that smile disappeared the moment you crested the hill Pippin had soundly beat you to the top of. Your jaw went slack as the vast view of Hobbiton and it's cute round Hobbits just milling about as if there were no cares in the world. Not that there ever were any for a Hobbit save for his food and the nightly get-togethers and parties. 

But this...this was amazing. You dropped your skirts and placed a hand on your beating heart, your eyes not wide enough to soak all of it in. You could feel Pippin snickering beside you, his signature smirk appearing in your mind's eye. You reached out and very quickly and very harshly slapped the Hobbit's arm making him cry out in obviously feigned pain. 

"Oi! No need to go around mutilating the messenger."

You tore your gaze from the landscape and rolled your eyes, crossing your arms and lifting your chin. 

"So you think I should be thanking you instead of cursing your name up one hill and down another?"

Pippin lifted his chin too, but with a snarky expression. "Precisely."

You took a few steps, walking around Pippin, slowly, nodding in the direction of your Hobbit hole. "And so, therefore, you feel this view should be quite the reconciliation gift for frightening my chickens to mess up my pin, disrupt the pigs, and stomp through my garden?"

Pippen's cheeks colored and you smirked with satisfaction. But it didn't last long as the young Took closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath, his eyes opening up and meeting your (e/c) ones. 

"One can forget all there troubles here. Including scared, flightless birds, bothered, walking pork, and a few wrinkly leaves."

You couldn't help but smile, returning your gaze to the landscape before you. "Hmm, yes I suppose one could." Suddenly your stomach growled. "But it would be loads better if there were something edible up here."

Pippen lifted a finger, his eyes wide. "Why good think I happened to scout the area and found us a nice hidden stash of food."

You raised a brow. "Peregrin Took have you finally coursed me into having a picnic with you?"

Pippin didn't answer but the mischief and laughter in his eyes all but screamed an answer. You rolled your eyes and swatted his arm. 

"Well don't just stand there, bring out the food! It's meant for eating not to lay around to rot."

Pippin scurried off behind a stash of boulders leaving you to collect your breathing and still your heart. You weren't sure when it started but all of a sudden even just seeing the mischevious Hobbit made you giddy. Thankfully your stomach was stronger than your heart because the moment Pippen called you over you forgot all about your racing heart and plopped down next to him on a soft blanket filled with various plates full of food.

"Pip, who did you take this from?"

Pippin perfectly executed the look of being offended but you knew full well that he found himself proudly clever. He placed a hand on his chest and clicked his tongue.

"Tsk, tsk, I would never take this from anyone. How could you ever think something like that? I made everything you see." He swept his hands like a proud mother.