Aragorn- Muster the Courage

theambernightingale made quite the list of ideas! Thank you! I hope you don't mind that as I was writing I kind of changed up a few things *cringe* sorry! But I hope you like it still haha. I honestly don't know why I make these so long, but enjoy!

You stood with your back to your men as you gazed out to the expanse of Edoras, your home or what once was. Eomer came up beside you, tightening his arm straps.

"No use morning, little sister. We knew we were not welcome there the moment that snake of a creature stepped foot on our lands."

You narrowed your eyes. "I have yet to hear there ever being a reason he had come so close to uncle."

Eomer scoffed. "You know how he is, coddling to the ones who doubt themselves, seeing their potential, blind to their real intent."

"How did we let it get this far?"

Your brother turned to you, his gaze suddenly sad. "We forgot ourselves, thinking that we would act once something threatening reared it head. But by the time we had noticed his poison had taken hold, it was too late." Eomer signed as his eyes then turned hard. "Perhaps we do deserve to be banished. We were of no use there."

With a flick of your wrist, the bells on your arm summoned your hawk, Fallstorm, to perch. Eomer took a step back and you couldn't help but laugh.

"He isn't going to hurt you."

"Perhaps, but I have seen what he has done before. I would rather not risk it, friend or foe alike."

You shrugged your shoulder as you reached up to scratch your cherished pet under his chin. Fallstorm's grey feathers fluffed as he squawked with pleasure. If anything, you were pleased to have him with you.

"You will have to get used to him, brother. Should we ever get separated, Fallstorm will be the only means by which we will be able to find each other again."

Eomer smiled, bravely stepping forward to clasp you on the shoulder. "Pray that day never comes."

But it did, not three nights later.

You were woken by your men crying out, gathering their horses, rushing to pack up camp. You blinked back sleep as you tried to process what was happening. Fallstorm stood at your feet, his wings raised in defense. You stood and grabbed the nearest rider, his hands full of riding equipment.

"What in the blazes is going on?" Your eyes refused to focus fast enough.

"Lord Eomer and some of his men have found a pack of wargs. No more than three hours from here." He then tore away to do his task.

Your brows pinched and your eyes narrowed as you searched for your brother. There, giving orders to some of your men as if they were his. Irritation bubbled up inside you as you marched over to him. Your men bowed to you before leaving to do whatever it was Eomer had ordered them to do.

"First you go scouting without me. Rally the Roherum, without me. Then have the audacity to order my men around?"

Eomer looked at you a moment before turning to his own men. "Pack the tents, be sure the supplies are stowed before securing the weapons."

You walked around so you stood in front of him, your eyes burning. "Explain to me what is happening."

Again, he only glanced at you before walking off to his tent. You clenched your teeth and ran after him, his long strides adding to your frustration.

"Eomer, answer me."

He did not stop. You growled as you grabbed the nearest thing, that being a helmet, and threw it at him, hitting him squarely in the back of his head. "ANSWER ME, BROTHER!"