CHAPTER SEVEN ✖

[t.w⚠]

"Your hurting yourself and you have no idea!"

ad·dict·ed
·
[physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.]

°
You woke up the next morning cold.
You shivered inside your usually warm sleeping bag unable to pin point why.
You slowly sit up and look around.
Bill and Beverly a curled up in the corner fast asleep.

But Richie was gone and the tent was wide open. The wind blowing the fabric of the door and a puddle of water at the exit.
You reach beside you and grab your sweater pulling it over your head.

The campsite was quiet the only noise was the slight patter of the rain. Luckly it was only drizzling now. It was pouring all night.
You slip on some shoes and walk outside zipping up the tent behind you.
You had just assumed Richie would be outside but he was no where to be found.
Now you had started to get a bit worried. You grabbed his sweater from the van just incase and began to walk down to the lake.
Your mind was taking you to different terrible scenarios.
When you got down to the lake you noticed that there was an unusual amount of empty beer bottles in the sand.
Curious you began to follow them towards the rocks. 

As you turned the corner your heart stopped. There he was, passed out on the rocks beer bottles surounding him soaking wet. His lips were tinted a shade of blue. Beside him lay an empty pack of ciggarettes.
You rushrd over to him shaking him awake.
"Richie!" "Richie?!"
He didnt even budge.
Your mind screamed at you to do something. All you could do was stand there and yell his name.
"Richie wake up! Please!" You pleaded shaking his shoulder.
You kneeled down shaking his limp body as you screamed his name.
You placed your ear against his chest to check for a heart beat. It was there but it was faint.
"Richie wake up!"
With one last push his eyes shot open and he shot up taking in a deep breath.
"Richie what the fuck!?" You exclaim throwing your hands to your side.
"Wha- where am i?" He asks rubbing his forehead.
You pass him his sweater and he silently thanks you.
"Thats not relevant right now, why did you drink this much?" You ask worried.
"I-i just... I dont know" he answers, kicking over an empty bottle in the sand.
"I needed to forget...." He answers silently.
"Forget what?" You ask, curious to figure out how much this boy really changed.
"Everything...."
You felt your heart drop. Hearing those words come out of Richies mouth was heart breaking. He used to be such a happy kid, sure his parents were shitty but he was happy.

"Everything?" You ask.

He begins to fiddle with a lose string on his sweater.

"I get this feeling, like im floating outside of my body looking down at myself.... And i hate what i see..." Richie chokes out, his voice quiet and shakey.

"Richie.....dont say that... I care about yo-" you begin but get cut off by Richie.
"No! You dont care! if you cared about anything i wanted you would have left me here to die or something!! Leave me alone" he screams picking up an empty glass bottle throwing it against the rock, glass smashing every where. A shard flew and hit your cheek sending a sting throughout your face.
"RICHIE!?" You scream holding the side of your face.

"No! I dont even care anymore! JUST GO AND FUCK EDDIE NOW YOU SLUT! OR HAVE YOU ALREADY BEEN DOING THAT FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS HUH? YOU WHORE" Richie screamed.
Tears pricked the corner of your eyes as he shot these hurtful words at you like bulets.

"FUCK YOU! YOU DICK! EDDIES A BETTER FRIEND THAN YOU EVER WERE A BOYFRIEND! I CAME DOWN HERE TO HELP YOU AND YOU REPAY ME WITH THIS? FUCK YOU TOZIER!"

With that you stomp up back to the campsite where everyone is standing out in the clearing with wide eyes.
They heard everything.
"Y/n your cheek! Its bleeding, what happened?" Mike asks concerned.
"Richie threw a bottle at me" you mutter, almost inaudible
You push past all of them and stomp into your tent zipping it up behind you.

"FUCK!" you scream as tears flow down your cheeks.
"FUCK,FUCK,FUCK!" You yell, your voice breaking each time.

Why did you even come to this stupid trip?

"Can i come in?" A voice you recognized as Eddie spoke from outside of the tent.
"S-sure.." You say softly as he unzips the tent steping in and zipping it shut.

"Are you okay?" He asks stepping closer.

"No.." You respind colapsing in his arms. You cry into his shirt as he strokes your back.

"R-Richie said he w-wants to be dead..." You say, muffled.

Eddie lets go of you and holds your shoulders in place.

"I know y/n, he has been like this for a while..." He begins.
You were confused. What did he mean by he was like this before?
"What do you mean?" You ask, worried about what his answer would be.
"Here sit down, this is a lot to take in"
Your mind began to race as you slowly sit down.
What was he about to tell you?
There eas so many options that got worse each time.

" i lied to you, about not seeing Richie after that summer... I did see him, i talked to him for all of last year and a bit of the year before... Richie wasnt doing well.... mentaly, two years ago. He tried to OD, he failed and i was with him in the hospital until he got better..." Your mind flashed back to a month two years ago when you didnt see Richie at all. Usualy you would see him out front or in his room, but for an entire month he just dissapered.
"... After that, he got addicted to alchool and drugs..."
Your eyes widened. Drugs?!
Richie did drugs?
"What... What drugs?" You ask Eddie, almost scared to find out the answer.
"Cocaine, it was bad...really bad. He went to rehab and has been clean from drugs since then.... Not so much alcohol" Eddie finishes, leaving you speachless.
You knew none of this.
The most shocking to you was that he tried to OD, he really wanted to end his life that bad.
Thinking about Richie gone was imposible. Despite everything, you needed him and you couldnt deny that, not one bit.

"Im sorry y/n..." Eddie says reaching out for another hug, you gladly accept and stay in his arms.

Eventually you walk out of the tent with Eddie.
To your suprise Richie is sitting over at the far side picknick table alone, with a busted lip and black eye.

You glance over at Stan whos knuckles are cut and bleading.

this camping trip was a mistake and its only the second day.
Yesterday it was going so well. What happened....

Author's Note:
This chapter was a lot to write.
I actually cried writting it.
This is really important to Richies back story.
And it hurts meeeeeee uGh