CHAPTER SIXTEEN

“Surprise?”

“Surprise?”

All you could do was stand there, like a deer in headlights you were caught dead in your tracks. You weren't ready to tell them, especially like this. Your eyes scanned all six figures who stood before you, until your eyes met a certain boys. Eddie. Unlike the others, he had a blank look on his freckled face. Quickly, you snapped your face downwards.

“So i guess the secret is out” Richie says, trying to make himself sound less nervous.

“I'm happy for you guys!” Ben says in a excited tone. Beverly nods beside him and gives you a bright smile.

Stan laughs, “Definitely didn't see this coming” he says in a sarcastic tone “I kinda predicted it a while ago” he continues, making you chuckle.

“You guys will make a great couple” Bill says from the back.

“I love seeing you guys happy again, congrats” Mike says. His comets hit you the hardest, in a good way. yes , you and Richie had only been together for a short amount of times but you were the happiest you'd been in months. Everything was good for once.

“Thank you guys so much, i really mean it. I know things have been… difficult.. these last few weeks but im really truly happy now” Richie says pulling you closer, planting a small kiss on your head.

“Im glad your happy, Rich” Mike says stepping closer and pulling him into a big hug.

“Now, enough with this sappy bullshit, lets go eat some food!” Beverly shouts. All six of them walk out the doors, all but you and Eddie.

“I'll meet you guys out there, i actually have to use the washroom this time!” you shout back at them.

This leaves just you and Eddie.

“Why didn't you tell me?” he says, staring down at his shoes, refusing to look into your eyes.

“I'm sorry, i wasn't ready. I didn't want it to happen this way” you reply, taking a step closer.

“Eddie, i never meant to hurt you, i would never intentionally do that”

Eddie finally looks up to meet your eyes with his. All you could see was sadness, there wasn't a glint of anger or jealousy anymore.

“No,” he began. He looked back down at his shoes.

“I'm sorry, my stupid teenage hormones got in the way of our friendship. I shouldn't have ever let my stupid feelings get to me. None of this is your fault. I kissed you. You did nothing wrong. Now please Y/n, can we just go back to normal? Can we restart? I don't want to lose you again…” he says, his voice laced with hope and regret.