3.

My plan was full proof. I found out that Doll is easily pushed to her limits, and she loves to prove everyone wrong. It's so simple. I will push her to her limits, and into a freak accident, that will end her life. Then there will be no competition. To be honest, there was technically none in the first place.

      I got out of history class with an excellent forgery of Ms. Stham's signature, who is the head of the Yearbook committee. My history class was right before lunch, which gave me the perfect amount of time to set up my plan before everyone gets out for lunch.

    As I walk I felt the camera beat against my chest, but my heart beat two times faster than that tempo. I make it outside without being asked for a hall pass, which is a good sign in my opinion. I walk past the grassy plain where usually everyone sits, and to the trees in the back.  I start to climb one of the trees, and I hung the camera on a branch that was rather high, around at the top. Because I was small and could easily climb up and through the branches of this tree, I could tell that it wasn't easy for a normal sized human.

     A thin string was attached to the camera, that I could pull and get the camera down whenever I want. My plan was to trick Doll into climbing up, and when she's going to climb down, I'm going to pull on the fishing wire and hopefully she falls with it, maybe trying to grab it back. The thing is, that camera is expensive. Around eight hundred dollars, which is more than what most teachers get paid in a year, so it's very valuable. I know that doll can't afford to break it and to have to pay for its replacement, which is perfect. Even though I am risking the breakage of this camera, I'm pretty sure that the principal would charge the biggest piece of her, so I'm completely innocent.

The bell rings.

I hurry back.

     I pretend to leave my class with the rest of my classmates, and I hurry outside. I pretend to be terribly sad about the camera, to get up a crowd. Once almost half of the grade is asking me what's wrong and trying to get teacher assistance, a certain voice I've been waiting for calls in.

"What's wrong Ciel?"

It was Doll.

      I quickly look over at her and point up to the trees,  "Some jerks took my camera when I was taking photos, and threw it in the tree." I say and fake a sob.

"I can get it down!"

"No, you can't."

"What?"

"I know that you can't climb up there and get it for me, you're not strong enough."

"I am too!"

"Prove it."

"I will."

"Go ahead."

And off she went. 

      Around seven minutes she retrieved the camera with a lot of struggle and tight squeezes through branches,  and in that time, I got to my place. Of course, everyone was watching or recording it, so I was easily able to slip out of there to get the wire. It was tied to a rock on the ground. When she starts to climb down,

I pull it.

The camera falls quickly

and so does she.

I remember it clear as day. She seemed so proud of herself with a big smile on her face, and the look of distress when the camera fell, and the look of fear when she started to lose her balance. She teetered on the thin branches, holding onto one tightly. It didn't help that the wind picked up either. And then she fell right after the camera hit the ground.

I heard a cry, and it was Alois.

You know that I was there to comfort him quick.

---------------

649 words