Chapter Five - Dinner

Saturday came by pretty fast.

Maybe because we got home around three in the morning, or maybe because time seems to move quicker, especially when you don't want it to.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Alexander to come over. I wasn't nervous about him meeting my parents, he was a good guy.

But - yes there is always a 'but' - I wasn't going to eat. I didn't want to. And yet, Alexander made me yesterday. Or, that's what I keep telling myself. And I kind of had a feeling that he would make me, or get me to somehow. So, that's why I'm taking my pills.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

And I tilt my head back, pop them in my mouth, and grab the glass of water I set on my bathroom counter and swallow them all in one go.

Setting the water down, I put both of my hands on the sink and sigh. I look at myself, and those big hazel eyes stare back at me, my long brown hair cascading around my shoulders.

Then, I see tears in her eyes. That girl in the mirror was crying. She was done. She was tired. Tired of trying. Tired of being no one. She was so very tired of being fat. And being bullied. She was just sick and tired of being on this God awful planet.

She then stood straighter, wiped the tears from her eyes, and took a deep breath. But she wouldn't give up. She would never give up. Someday it will get better, not now, but someday. And she was waiting for that day.

I turn away from my mirror and walk into my bedroom. Searching for something decent to wear tonight. Going through my closet I found an off the shoulder white shirt, and some light skinny jeans. For shoes I just threw on some black sandals. And I just left my hair up in the messy bun not wanting to go through all the work messing with it.

Once finish, I check the time.

5:57.

They should be here soon. Dinner was to start at six o'clock. I take a deep breath and head down to the kitchen.

"Oh, is that my mothers famous Lasagna I smell?" I smile, walking into the kitchen, blowing a kiss her way.

She turns around quickly and catches it, doing some kind of weird ninja move. She like caught it from under her leg or something.

She then rubbed her hands together, placing one on her heart and one on her cheek.

I roll my eyes, but can't contain my grin. "What was the point in all of that? That was so extra. Why would the kiss I blow towards you go that low anyway?"

She scoffs, "It's all in the dynamics, sweetpea. You blew it towards my face, I'm guessing. But gravity started to push it down, along with the fan being on, causing it to move south."

I stare at her with a blank face, then look to my dad. "Do you know what any of that meant?"

He looks up from his sports magazine, "Just nod yes, and call her pretty. That's what I do."

And he wasn't lying, I have seen him do this on various occasions. And she gets flustered everytime. It's honestly the cutest thing. And their love for each other is unbreakable. I love it.

"Bitch, someones at the door."

I groan at the sound of our doorbell.

Yes, that was our doorbell. My mom thought the other -normal one - was boring, so she got that one installed.