-1.2-

PART ONE-CHAPTER TWO

"Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again

"Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again."

_______________________________________

Walking into a dark crypt right after the light of the outside world played games with Rhea's eyes, as she felt a tingling sensation in her eyes as they took time to settle to the darkness.

As someone who has loved the colour and the brightness for all sixteen years of her life, the crypts of Winterfell were very dark. She hadn't even gone into the one in King's Landing, not even to see her older twin brother that the other three didn't know about. He was taken by a fever a few hours into his birth, and sometimes, Rhea wished that she was taken too, when she felt her responsibilities being thrust upon her, and she had no choice but to comply.

I'm sure you're having the last laugh up there.

She was shaken out of her reverie when the footsteps of her father and Ned Stark got louder as they got deep inside the crypt, with the mud and the stones that they stamp on the way. Rhea walks right behind the both of them, and heard Ned Stark say, "Tell me about Jon Arryn."

Her father had told her that Jon Arryn was the only fatherly figure in his life after her grandfather's death. They were raised by Maester Cressen though, and now the old Maester lived with her uncle Stannis, at Dragonstone.

It was very sad for Rhea to watch her father grieve- her mother did say that this was the first time Robert shed tears for someone, after Rhea's brother's death- her brother who was named Steffon, after her paternal grandfather.

"One minute he was fine, and then, burned right through him, whatever it was." Her father said to his friend.

"I loved that man." He added, to which Lord Eddard said, "We both did."

They passed lots and lots of stone structures, likenesses of the Starks that lived previously. She felt intrigued and drank almost half the water that was in the water skin that she had in her hand, that was how deep they went.

"He never had to teach you much, but me? Remember me at sixteen?" This bit had gotten pretty interesting now. She'd heard that her father was quite the 'wild stag', as the people would say, but she'd never heard it from her father. And now she can.

"All I wanted to do, was crack skulls and fuck girls. Showed me what was what." Rhea was positively shocked. 

What the people say she never believed, but now, she just let out a confused, "What?"

But then again, what he says now just explains the whores in his bed every day, I suppose.

"Yes, Rhea, all people grow out of their nature when they grow older. But look at me, your father. The cracking skulls part has faded, but the whores, not so much." Rhea just sighed.