-1.16-

PART ONE-CHAPTER SIXTEEN

//"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die

//"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."//
_______________________________________

The Hand's Tournament was a grand event by all means. Her parents sat beside each other like they want to kill each other- nothing new, mind you- with her father's horn of ale being refilled every few minutes. Her mother was cloaked in Lannister robes, with two red lions on them, and Rhea sat a step below next to Joff. Near them were their younger counterparts, Tommen and Myrcella, both with excited smiles on their faces.

She wouldn't admit it, but she herself too always felt some kind of adrenaline during tournaments and watching knights duel- maybe it had something to do with the archery lessons her father gave her as a child, those that she had to say no to the second she became a woman- she knew it had something to do with Lyanna Stark knowing how to use a bow and arrow, but she couldn't say no, not after how she enjoyed the dagger lessons.

But then again, her mother had her stop when she flowered- No man would want her if she fought like him... Or that's what she said.

Then why did father marry you? You fight too.

With my brains, and a few things that only a woman possesses- the subtle feminine way.

But aren't you the one who said we have to work equally with men to earn their respect?

There are ways to do it, little one.

She turned a little to see Sansa Stark smiling a little toward her brother, but then, Joff being the proud arse that he is, just turned away- it was as if he blamed Sansa for his hand getting bitten. She then smiled at Sansa with some hope of reassuring her that things were going to be okay, but then again, Joff is a terrible person to be married to, and Rhea knew in truth that there is nothing she could ever do.

Her father took another swig of his ale as Ser Barristan watched and the crowd cheered on and on as the spirit of the tournament spread like wildfire. She was able to see Petyr Baelish talking to Sansa now before her father got up and in all his drunkenness screamed, "I've been sitting here for days! Start the damn joust before I piss myself!" Her mother was clearly disgusted, she walked away.

She sat for a while, greeting every noble lord and lady who came their way, and then at one point, the noise, the screaming, it aggravated her too so she got up. "Father..." she was going to tell him that she wanted to leave, but with him so drunk, it would be as good as talking to a rock. So she told Joff, "I'm getting out of here." And just like the very caring boy that he is, he couldn't care less and acted like he didn't hear.

She walked on the way to her chamber, and when she passed the passageway to the Hand's Tower, she realised that Ned Stark didn't even attend the Tournament that was held in his name, and she wanted to check on him and see if he was alright. When a lavish celebration is conducted in his name, Ned Stark was too polite a man to not attend, even if he wanted nothing to do with the tournament.