Doubts- Rye

You looked out of the window, struggling to keep your eyes open. It was midnight, Rye was in the studio. Fiddling with the fabric of your onesie, you tried to call him. No answer.

You sighed with frustration and walked downstairs, sitting on the sofa and texting Rye.

Y/n
Hey Rye, I don't know what to
Say..

Rye
Y/n I'm so sorry babe, we needed to record a new cover. I completely forgot.

You threw your phone down on the bed, if he could text you so easily why didn't he answer your tons of phone calls.

And to make it ten times worse, it was your anniversary.

Rye
Y/n?

You heard the phone buzz and left it there, tears forming in your eyes. Maybe your friends were right, maybe it would never work. You buried your head in the sofa and started to cry.

Rye's POV

I left the studio as soon as I could, getting in my car and driving home. I tried texting y/n but there was no answer.

How could I be so stupid?

Gently opening the door, I noticed my girlfriend crying on the sofa. Guilt flooded through me, I walked over to her and she noticed I was here.

"Y/n.."
"You said it could work Rye" she said through sobs, my heart broke
"It still can.."
"Can it?" She asked, looking up at me, her cheeks red from crying. I fought the urge to just pull her in and hug her tight "you said you'd come home early" she said, looking me into the eye "in what world is this early?!" She yelled, shocking me.

"You've gotta start having a little faith in our relationship"
"You gotta start acknowledging that we're in a relationship"
"Why is everything a fight with you?!"
"Why did you miss our anniversary" she yelled, breaking into tears. "Why do all the band members give me dirty glares and talk about me behind my back? why do all my friends say it isn't going to work?"
"Y/n I-"
"Why do all the roadies give me hate?" She interrupted "I'd go through all of that for you, why won't you just show up for our anniversary?" She said, getting up and storming upstairs. Leaving me alone and guilty on the sofa