Running away- Rye

I held my head in my hands as I sat on my window ledge. Tears falling down my cheeks in the stinging cold. My dad had found out about Rye, I was grounded for 5 weeks and banned from seeing him. My dad is a snob to say the least, me and Rye had been hiding from him for months. But we were too reckless one night, dad saw us kissing in the front seat of his car.

I hesitantly lowered my foot onto the drain pipe, checking if it was stable, I had bare feet and the pipe was freezing but I didn't care. Gently, I made my way to the front garden, it was midnight. The stars lit up the dark alleyways, I avoided glass while the sharp concrete dug into my feet.

Finally I saw where I was heading, dimly lit by street lights. The house of flats, I snuck inside, making my way up the stairs to his flat. My hands numb and shivering with cold, I knocked the door weakly.

Rye answered, he saw me shivering in the hallway and the next thing I knew a pair of strong arms were tight around my waist as he pulled me into a warm embrace. Leading me inside to the kitchen, only pulling away to make me a warm cup of tea.

"Baby your freezing" he said, concern staining his perfect face as he handed me the mug. I held onto it tight and he put his arm around my shoulder, easing my shaking.
"Dad saw us, Rye" I said, sniffing as more tears ran down my cheeks. I felt him tense up, relaxing again as I rested my head on his shoulder.
"When? How?" He whispered, panic in his voice
"Last night, in your car" I whimpered, my voice muffled in his shoulder as he pulled me closer into the hug.
"What's he gonna do?" He asked quietly, we both knew the answer
"I can't see you again Rye" I cried as he pulled me tighter if that was even possible.
"He can't stop us if you don't go back" he said, letting go as I realised, for once. Rye was dead serious.