Chapter 1

This is a short story! The chapters will not be as long - probably all over the place. No consistency in the amount of pages each chapter. With that said, ENJOY!

Chapter 1:

I ran into the restaurant, frantic as I looked around for Cory. Finally I saw him as he raised his hand up. I sighed in relief and made my way over to him.

"Hey, Babe," I greeted, kissing him on the lips. "I'm so sorry I'm late."

"It's no problem, Jazz," he smiled charmingly, running a hand through his silk black hair. "I ordered for the both of us, you're favorite." I smiled in thanks and sipped a water on the table.

Uh, he forgot to ask for no lemon.

Pursing my lips I didn't comment and, instead, curled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"How was your day," I asked him. "How was work?"

"There was this one girl over the phone who wouldn't stop asking me questions when I had already answered about five times. Having to repeat myself over and over sitting next to the guys was completely humiliating." He shook his head and held my hand, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Aw, sorry, Babe," I sympathized.

"Other than that." He released my hand and tapped a mini beat on the table. "Drum roll please...I got a raise!"

"Ah, Cory, that's amazing," I cried, leaning over and pecking him on the lips. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Honey." He grinned excitedly, his eyes lighting up as he sipped his water. He looked down and checked his reflection in the spoon. "So, since I've got this money now and you still have a strong job I was thinking-"

"You're order." A waiter appeared out of no where and set a plate in front of me. My mouth dropped when I saw what he ordered me.

I was expecting my favorite: Chicken Piccata, but this...

He ordered me a salad, with red meat.

He knew what red meat did to me. I get gassy and barf. On top of that! He had the audacity to order his own girlfriend a salad!

I looked down at my water as well.

Was he joking?

"Uh, Babe," I laughed nervously. "You know I can't eat red meat." He quirked his brow.

"Aw, Honey, I'm sorry. Can't you just, pick it off or something?" I kept my jaw from dropping and just nodded my head. Not really knowing what to do.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, excuse me." I got up with my purse in hand and went to the bathroom. Shutting the door I presses Speed Dial #2.

"HEY SWEETHEART! DID HE LIKE YOU?! I TOLD YOU THAT BEING LATE WAS WORTH IT IF YOU LOOKED LIKE THAT!" I sighed and looked down at my mini dress, heels, and painted toenails. I was even wearing the bracelet he gave me for Christmas last year!

"He didn't even comment on it."

"You're joking."

"Not even. And, get this, he ordered me a water-"

"No!"

"With salad-"

"Ah!"

"And red meat!"

"Oh my God! What the heck is his deal?!"

"I don't know," I sighed. "Look, I just need some girl power right now, kisses?"

"Kisses, definitely, and hugs." We made kiss noises over the phone before we hung up.

Sighing, I fixed my curly, blonde hair, checked my make-up, and pushed my boobs up a bit. When I felt accomplished I walked back out.