Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

The next morning when I was making breakfast I bursted into tears all over again.

"Coffee cake," I wailed into my eggs. "He got me coffee cake!"

"Oh, coffee cake sounds go-" I curtailed my brother with a sob.

"I only wanted to have chocolate cake! I like my middle name too!" He looked startled before rushing over and hugging me.

"Shhh, Jazz, he's not worth your tears. I told you he was a doofus." This just caused me to wail louder because he was right. He did tell me when we first started to go out.

"Kendall I'm so stupid!" I cried into his shoulder, and he rubbed my back. "He didn't even know my age!"

"Jazz, you'll be fine." He combed my hair with one hand and used his other to turn off the burner so I wouldn't fry the house.

"Kendall what did I do wrong?" I shook my head into his shoulder. "I'm such a screw-up."

"Hey." He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me back so that he was looking into my eyes. "You're not a screw-up. If anything it's that ass Cory. You're my beautiful little sister and I love you with all my heart." I hiccuped and wiped away my tears.

"Love you too." He nodded and hugged me once more before sitting me down in a chair and grabbing my food for me.

"Eat," he ordered. "We have a long day ahead of us." I did as I was told and ate my eggs, trying to stop the salty water that streamed down my face.

"Kenny," I whined. "Why is it always me?" I looked up at him. "Is it because I'm pretty that I have to be punished?" Standing up I wiped all the eggs into the trashcan and grabbed the tub of ice-cream still left in the freezer. "It's not my fault I have good genes!" I spooned a large scoop out and started walking away. "You have good genes too! And you have a steady girlfriend!" Slamming my door shut I grabbed my bag and started shoving clothes into the bag without caring what I actually packed.

"I'm never going to Starbucks again," I cried, shaking my head. "Coffee sucks!" Keeping the sppon in my mouth I shoved my hair back into a messy ponytail and used my hands to bounce on the bag, pushing everything in it. I only really needed underwear.

"Knock-knock-" I screamed and through something at the door.

"Jeezus-"

"LEAVE ME BE," I shouted. "I'm not worth it," I sobbed, popping another piece of ice-cream in my mouth. Through the door I could hear Hazel ask whether or not I was PMSing to Kendall. Kendall just said I was in a bad mood. At least someone knew.

"LIfe sucks," I groaned. "But so do I so I guess we're a perfect match!" I placed the tub to the side and flopped on my bed. "Just swallow me whole." The sheets muffled my prayer so I guess I wouldn't be leaving Earth anytime soon.

"JAZZ!" The door banged against the door as Hazel pushed it open. She went to me and flopped me over so that I was on my back.

"Ha-AAAAHHHH!" She straddled me and started whacking me with a pillow.

"You. Need. Physical therapy!"

"I'm pretty sure this isn't physical therapy," I yelled at her, struggling to get the pillow out of her hand. "Hazel," I screeched. "Knock it off, please!"

"No! Get over the douche bag," she yelled at me.

"I can't," I cried as I finally managed to throw the pillow. "I can't alright! He may be the rudest guy, but I dated him for 2 years! You've never even had a boyfriend for 2 months! You wouldn't know!"

"You're right, I wouldn't! But I do know the Jazz I love, and she wouldn't be moping around," she screamed. She grabbed another pillow but before she could start whacking me someone took it out of her hands.

"I think that's enough." When I saw Brad I sighed in relief. He pulled Hazel off me and enveloped me in a hug.

"You're sticky," he mumbled into my hair. "And smell of eggs." His comment almost made me want to laugh. I didn't though.

"I know. I smell absolutely revolting," I murmured into his shoulder.

"I didn't say that," he clarified. "But you look like crap." I rolled my eyes.

"Gee, thanks Brad." He laughed and brushed a strand of hair away from my face and behind my ear.

"Only for you, Jazzy. Now go take a shower and get dressed. We have to go pick up that RV." Ugh. I almost forgot. The desert.

What fun. Note the sarcasm.

Honestly, I was grateful that they were taking my sadness into their own hands, but, God, I really just wanted to be alone right then.

I sighed and made them all leave my room. Going into my shower I washed my hair with amazing smelling shampoo and conditioner before dousing my body in Bath and Body Works body wash.

When I wrapped a towel around myself I cleaned the mirror and cringed back when I saw Medusa.

Then I realized it was me.

Me, the head cheerleader. Me, the person who throughout all of high school didn't acquire a single pimple or white head. Me, the girl with the prettiest hair. Me, the girl with the best complexion and eyes.

Me, now the epitomy of Ursela.

I quickly put on all my make-up and brushed my hair. I'd leave it to air dry. I mean, we were going to the desert.

When I finished with that, brushed my teeth, lotioned, and put on perfume and baby powder I was ready.

Going into my closet I pulled out a pair of undergarments and put them on before I grabbed a pair of shorts and a blue v-neck. Wrapping my hair in a side braid I put on a pair of converse before deeming myself worthy of the outside world.

When the car was packed and ready for the road we drove to Hazel's house where the RV was parked out front.

It was large, long, and worthy of a road trip to the desert.

"Hi Jazzlen," her mom called to me. "How are you?"

"Fine, thank you Mam," I said to her even though I wanted to run and cry in her arms. Hazel's mom was more of a mom to me than my own birther, and my birther was more of a mom to Hazel than Hazel's birther was to her.

It was very screwed up.

When everything was said and done we were loaded into the large vehicle with all the food we needed. Before we left they said to stay safe and remember how to read maps. Like we'd need maps.

Kendall was driving and Hazel was sitting up front with them because they knew where to go while Brad and I were to hang in the back.

Soon we were off and I was setlling in for a nap with my head on Brad's lap.

"Wake me when we get there," I told him.

"Alright, Jazzy." He caressed my cheek and I finally smiled at his touch.

Ah. It felt nice to smile.

Soon I was jolted away and my eyes flashed open. I shot up and bonked my head on Brad's chin.

"Sorry," I apologized, my voice slightly croaky from sleep. "Are we there yet?" I stretched and looked to Brad. His eyes were anxious, and I was confused. "What?"

"We ran out of gas." I rolled my eyes.

"Haha, very funny."

"Jazzy, I'm not joking. Kendall forgot to fill up the RV before we left." I froze in my stretching position.

"Oh sh-