Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

"Thanks Mom." Hazel hung up on the phone with her mom. "She rented out the RV for us. We just have to go and get it tomorrow." I nodded and sat up from Brad's lap.

"You guys should all probably go home," I said, wiping my tears as I head down the hall. "I'm not really feeling it tonight." Entering my bedroom I slammed the door and collapsed on my bed.

I turned onto my back and looked at my walls taped with posters.

There were One Direction posters, Justin Bieber posters, 5 Seconds of Summer, Rihanna, Usher, etc... I had a vanity against the wall opposite my bed with all of One Direction's and Justin Bieber's fragrances. There's even some Chloe Perfume which I got for Christmas.

I guess you could say I was high-profile. I never went without my phone and was constantly checking my social accounts like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, and whatever else I have. It was my life.

Going on the road tomorrow was going to be difficult. I'd never been to the desert before and I didn't know what to expect. I mean, I knew that people go to the dunes there, but was that all they do? Where do you even park?

This was going to be a totally different experience for me. I knew that Brad and Hazel had been somewhere like where we're going tomorrow before. They probably were planning things right now.

I knew that this trip was for me as well.

I didn't want to seem ungrateful, but, God, I did not want to go to the desert. All you do is basically get dehydrated - terrible for skin - and sweat - terrible for pimples - and laze around - horrific for keeping a hot body.

At least I'd get tan.

Grabbing my phone which I'd carried from the living room I wiped my tears and scrolled down my Instagram page. There were tons of pictures of me and Cory that I just wanted to delete, but I didn't. They were all such great times, and I didn't want to forget them.

Then again, he was a jerk with short term memory because apparently my middle name was Piper.

How'd he even get that?

Pulling out his text I began to write a message.

Rly, im the tramp, take a look in the mirror, Honey, wait, u probably hav done that like 5x alrdy

I pressed send and took a deep breath. That felt really good. I wanted to make him suffer for making me fall for him.

I turned off my phone and put it on the charger. I stood up and placed a hand to my forehead which killed from all the crying.

I probably looked terrible right now.

Pouting I walked to the bathroom in my room and looked in the mirror.

God, I made the Lochness Monster look like Aphrodite. My hair was all over the place, make-up ran down my face, my dress had tear stains on it, and my eyes were red like I'd been smoking crack.

As I took in my appearance I just started to cry all over again.

If Cory was here he'd tell me to suck it up.

But he wasn't here, he was never going to be here again, so I could cry if I want to.

It felt so good to cry, too. I hadn't cried in forever, and it was my favorite way to relieve stress.

My body racked as I gripped the sink counter with all my might. My hair fell around my face, shielding me from the rest of the world as hot tears burned down my face. It was as if I could hear every sound the drops made when they fell. Like the shaking of an earthquake in my usually steadied world.

Not only was I crying because I dumped him for obvious reasons, but I was crying because he thought he knew me enough so that we could get married. Married! How sick was he?!

I was so glad he was out of my life. I didn't need him. He needed me! I could do whatever I want without him. Cory could die in a ditch for all I cared!

Still, the tears fell because Cory wasn't here, and yet, the tears fell because I never wanted to see him again. It was a dilemma that I didn't want to face.

I needed to get away for a while. Maybe this trip would be good for me.

Or maybe it wouldn't.