Who is Naruto?

A/N: ep.81- Shippuden

(In the village)

Naruto was still training while Asuma was fighting. Naruto shouted and you can hear puffs of his clones disappearing. He fell while panting and sweating hard.

'If I only focus on the Rasengan, I mess up the change in chakra nature.' Thought Naruto.

Minato's eyes widen. 'So he's adding something I couldn't even do. My son sure is something.'

'But if I  concentrate too much on that, my Rasengan doesn't turn out right.' Thought Naruto while collapsing. 'I'm pathetic.'

"He's not wrong" mumbled Boruto under his breath and no one heard him.

Naruto stared at the clouds.

(Flashback)

Kakashi was talking to Naruto.

"It's because I truly believe that you are the only shinobi who can surpass the Fourth Hokage," Kakashi said with his closed eye smile. Naruto stood there taking in what his sensei just said.

(Flashback Ends)

Naruto stayed on the ground, it started to rain. He thought about the day Sasuke felt the village and he got up immediately already thinking about bringing him back.

"Multi-Shadow clone jutsu!" He shouted getting ready to train again. Sakura watches Naruto in the distance with a smile on her face. While he was training again one of his clones started to form into the nine-tails but Yamato put it down.

"You ok?" Kakashi went over to Naruto. Naruto just looked down disappointed. "It's been one full day since we started trying to add the wind change in nature to the Rasengan, and you are using 200 shadow clones now. You've just achieved what the average ninja would take 4,800 hours to do. But I guess that's still not enough for you," Kakashi said.

Everyone agreed.

"This training's impossible. It takes all my concentration to form the basic Rasengan in the first place. Adding a change in nature to that...it's just too much." Naruto said looking down.

This shocked everyone because Naruto usually shouts how he's going to be Hokage

"You're unusually negative. That's not like you. You don't sound like the Naruto Uzumaki I know." Kakashi said. While in the forest Sakura was watching Naruto train in the rain until Sai came up and gave her an umbrella.

"Oh, Sai!"

"You'll catch a cold. So, how's Naruto's training?" Sai asked but Sakura looked down

"Learning to add a change in chakra nature to the Rasengan is harder than he thought. Mastering difficult skills have never been Naruto's strong suit."

"Well, that's why Kakashi-sensei is having him learn through action right?"

"Yeah. Training only Naruto can do. They can double the amount of training he gets by using two clones, and he's using 200. Still, incorporating a change in chakra nature into a jutsu by itself is a difficult enough hurdle to get over. To say nothing of the fact that the Rasengan was a jutsu invented by the Fourth Hokage. To try and add something to it now, especially for someone like Naruto, may be impossible." Sakura said worriedly. Sai looked at her and smiled.

"You have a point. Naruto is an idiot." Sakura looked up at him in surprise. "He's a clumsy, tactless fool. For him to perfect something as intricate as a modification of the Rasengan...you know as well as I, he can't do it. And yet Kakashi-sensei and Captain Yamato have been sticking it out with him all this time." Sai said and Sakura got mad.  

"HEY!" Genin Naruto yelled.

"Naruto would you shut up!" Sakura talked back to him.

"I can't he's talking smack about me!" Naruto said getting ready to hit Sai but Sakura hit Naruto before he could.

"Ow, Sakura-chan," Naruto said holding his head. While Sakura, Sai, and Naruto were talking Sasuke was just standing in the circle watching it play out with a bored expression on his face, but he smiled just a little.

"Mhm, I sometimes miss those days," Kakashi #1 said.

"Meanwhile the village is forming platoons to fend off the Akatsuki. This is a total waste of manpower. I don't know what the Hokage expects from a no talent like Naruto." Sakura got mad and smashed the tree. Sai's eyes widen.

"NO TALENT? I WILL BECOME HOKAGE!" Naruto shouted and everyone sighed because he is the Hokage.

"Say another word, and ill knock you out" Sai stepped back from Sakura. "And exactly do you know about Naruto, anyway? Sure, Naruto's not the brightest guy. He's clumsy, he goofs off, and he's a bird brain. But no one will surprise you more than him. He's saved our butts more times than I can even count. Every time someone expects him to fail, he proves them wrong. That's who Naruto Uzumaki is. And if you are his teammate, you'll remember that!" Sakura said defending Naruto, Sai giving her a smile. "What the...you're smiling? I'll pummel you!" Sakura got her fist up and Sai backed away more.

"Awww Sakura-chan you are so kind," Naruto tried getting close to Sakura but he punched him.

"There's no need for that. But, you know, sometimes the knowledge found in books can be fairly useful." Sai said bringing out a book.

"The Understanding People's Feeling Series. When words can mean the opposite of how you feel?" Then Sakura looked up at Sai. "Sai?  You mean you-"

"I understand just how completely you believe in Naruto. And I also know that you will never betray his trust. Hang on Sakura, Naruto will pull through" He said after walking away.

(With Naruto and Kakashi)

"I don't know. I have no reason to think it's going to work this time." Naruto said still sad.

"You have to do it anyway."

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say. Why don't you tell me this? Could you look to the left and the right at the same time?"

"He's right, that is impossible," Yamato thought.

"Oh, I see. If you're asking me...yeah, I guess it's doable." Kakashi said.

"Huh?" Naruto got surprised.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu." Two Kakashi appeared.

"I'm looking to the right-" Original Kakashi said.

"While looking to the left." The shadow clone Kakashi said. "This is what you mean, right?" Naruto just stared at Kakashi and smiled.

"I get it!" Naruto jumped up.

"What does he get?" Though Kakashi.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto shouted.