Introduction

You smiled and sunk into your seat. Two days ago you (first name and last name) finished university. Now what the hell were you supposed to do? Oh get a job forgot that. Then an envelope slid under your door. It had your name and address. You instantly recognised the handwriting. It was your mothers. You picked up the letter and noticed something was in there other than a letter. You opened the letter

My beautiful child

I am moving you out of that small place you call a home. You've grown to be a strong and independent (man/women). Your big sister would be so proud. Anyway your dads completely against you moving but I don't care. So I brought you a new apartment and the key should be inside the envelope. Call when you get there and settle down

Love you loads
Mom

P.S Here's the address of the place
(Insert random address)

You raised a brow. "Sister? What the hell does she mean. I never had a sister." You said to yourself. You pulled your phone out of your pocket and dialled your mothers number. "Hello dear. Get the letter?" She asked you in her usual cheery tone. "Yeah... I noticed you wrote something about my big sister being proud of me. I never had a sister. Did I?" You heard your mother sighed. "You did. She left before you were born. Her name was Adah Portendorfer. Her last name being my maiden name before I married your dad. She used to live in in the apartment your staying in. If you wanna know more befriend the residents and ask them about her." She then needed the call. You put your phone down and started packing.

Once everything was packed away you walked down with your few boxes to your car. Nobody in your apartment complex cared that you were going since you kept to yourself. Once everything was in your car you turned your keys in and put the address into the sat nav and drove off. While you were driving you let the information sink in. You had a sister? Why didn't mom tell you sooner? Did she run from home or something? How old is she? Is she still alive? You snapped out of thought as your sat nav told you to go on the motorway. You listened and went on the motorway.

Two hours and it told you to get off the motorway and so you did. You drove down the road and listened to your sat nav. It told you to go down a dirt road which was strange but you listened and drive down the bumpy road. You looked to see two neon signs across from each other. One reading 'Bates Motel' and the other 'Dead Block apartment building.' You turned into the apparent building. You parked your car in the empty car park and grabbed the letter with the keys then got out. The garden was tended and flowers were blooming. Since the car park was on the right side of the building you had to walk a little to get to the glass front doors.

You pushed the door open and at the desk was a women with very long, black hair in plats. She had large, round, circular glasses. Her face hidden in a book. You walked towards the desk and coughed. She gasped and closed the book. She had pink cheeks and a pale face with sapphire eyes. She was shorter than you. "W-welcome to the Dead Block apartment building. How may I help you (sir/madam)?" She said in a nervous tone. You looked at her name tag. "Hello Aya my parents brought an apartment here." You passed the keys. "Ah. S-So you must me (your first name and last name). Your related to Adah righ?" You nodded. "Can you tell me about my sister." Aya put a hand to her cheek. "Your sister... She was a strong woman and ever feared death and called it... An old friend of hers." You nodded. "If you ask other residents around they would tell you about her." Aya said with a smile. You nodded and she gave you the key back. "The room is 295." She said.

You walked up the stairs and looked around. Not on the first floor. Most likely the second floor. You walked up the stairs and noticed a person. He had a hook for a hand you rubbed your eyes. Then he vanished. Without a trace. You shrugged and walked down the empty corridor. You looked around. Wooden floor with a red carpet but looking pretty old and the walls paint flacking away. It looked old and out of date. Maybe your room wouldn't be so bad.

Your room was dusty. White walls, simple wooden floor, double bed with plain white sheets. Empty cabinets and empty draws. You sighed and put your hand to your head. So this is where I'm living? Delightful.