Chapter 3: NightSide

"Sonic?" *Poke poke* "Sonic, wake up," someone whispers to him.

"No, five more minutes." He groaned and rolled over.

.........

............

"SONIC!" The person shouted. Sonic let out a shout of surprise, leapt into the air and crashed to the ground.

"What was that for?!" Sonic rubbed his head, looking up to see Tails, who had been the one shouting. He crossed his arms, looking down at Sonic. "Where have you been? You went off to grab some snacks at the game and disappeared for the rest of the night. I find you at home passed out on the couch, with your shoes and gloves missing!"

Sonic blinks, "My gloves and shoes are missing?!" Seeming not to have remembered what happened to them just yet, he looks down in shock seeing that in fact his shoes and gloves were gone. Did he take them off or something?

"That's what I just said," Tails sounded annoyed.

The hedgehog thinks for a bit and the transformation from the night before comes to his mind. He starts shaking as the memory starts flashing back to him. The teeth, claws, and the tail...the bulging muscles...tearing fabric...the pain rebound though his mind all over again.

"Sonic are you alright?" The fox noticed the unusual reaction of his best friend.

"N-No, Tails, I'm not alright," he replied as he clamped his eyes shut, trying to block the memory away.

That surprised Tails; normally Sonic's the guy who never admits when something's wrong or bothering him.

"Something happened to me last night, buddy. I have no idea what," he shivered more. "I went on small run instead of getting more food, cause my gut had been bothering me -"

"Cause of the flu, like Ella said?"

Sonic sighed. "Let me continue. During that run, I went through the park for a quick stroll. When I was hit by an extreme wave of pain then...something..."

"Something what, Sonic?" Tails pressed.

"I turned into something, mind gripping pain was going through me and I changed into some sort of beast thing...it hurt so much, every part of me was on fire, throbbing with excruciating pain, every single fiber was screaming..."

Then, he trailed off, lost in thought, leaving Tails to look at him sadly. Sonic can't be kidding around about whatever this is.

He looked too scared, and that's something the fox had rarely seen from the super speeding hedgehog. And not nearly this bad as well.

"I believe you."

-----------------------------

A while later...

Tails had Sonic hooked up to a machine.

"Hold still, Sonic. This is scanning you over to find the reasoning behind this 'transformation' you told me about." He was checking over data and readings from the machine. "Though it might it easier if you were transformed now."

"Tails, I have no idea how the first one even happened, it's not like I got a manual for this. Go to chapter 5 about the cause and triggers...yeah, no can do there, buddy."

"Well, at least would you stop fidgeting so much? I'm not going to get anything good with all that movement."

"Fine." Sonic grumbled and crossed his arms as he leans back a bit.

"Right there, perfect, don't move."

...
...................
..................................

"Well?" Sonic tapped his foot, getting tired of sitting. "Are you done yet, it's been hours."

"It's only been fifteen minutes."

"*Groan* Oh, come on!"

This goes on for a half an hour before Tails finishes and tells Sonic he can go, but not before getting a spare pair of gloves and shoes for him.

Sonic walks to the main house, where he quickly runs into Ella, who whips up a hearty meal. He was half way through his plate when Cream, Cheese and Chris (Hehe three C's) came in for a mid-day snack.

"Hi, Mister Sonic!" Cream beams as she sits with them at the table. Cheese rests in the seat next to her.

"Heh, hi, Cream, were you guys outside playing?" Sonic had asked back.

"Chao ch ch chao!" Cheese happily chatters with excitement and Cream translates. "Yes, we were out picking flowers and drawing pictures, and then we had a tea party. Oh, and then Chris came out and started teaching us how to kick a soccer ball around."

"Choa ka choo chao!"

"Heh, yes, you did a very good job as a goalie, Cheese."

"So, you guys had loads of fun, I see. That's good! What else have you been doing, Chris?"

Chris had zoned out a bit during their conversation as he nibbled on the chocolate chip cookie in his hand. "Oh! Um...Not that much, aside from playing soccer with Cream and Cheese. Grandpa and I are going to the mall to look for parts for the X-Tornado's radio system later on."

Sonic forks some bacon. "Oh, that sounds fun. Hey, ah sorry about leaving yesterday." He paused a second. "There was Eggman, you know, doing his normal evil thing. It was far outside of Station Square and there wasn't much time to waste -"

"It's alright Sonic, I'm glad you had time to see most of the game."

"Right." The hedgehog nods. "Good job with that pass to your team mate in the first half by the way."

Chris turns red a bit. "It was a lucky shot, nothing special."

"Come on, that was special man, you're getting real good at it. Keep it up, pal!" Sonic gave him his classical thumbs up with a smile.

The kid pulls a small smile. "Thanks, Sonic, that means a lot. Well when were done eating do you want to come with me, Cream and Cheese?"

Sonic looks to the side. "Yeah sure, after I check up with Tails on something, then I'll be right out."

"Great!" The kids beam and finish their snack quickly. "See you soon, Sonic." And they were out the door quickly.

Sonic turns back to his plate, he didn't know if he should tell the others. Would they even believe him? He didn't want to lie much more than he had to with his reasoning behind leaving the soccer game last evening. But then again he didn't even know how or why it happened yet, so he should maybe tell them after he and Tails had a chance to find out an answer.

--------------------

AN:

*Thanks to Shaunatheboss for fixing the chapter