Chapter 5: Imprisoned

"Aurgh........W-Why does my head hurt so much?" Sonic slowly starts to wake up, his eyes flicker open. His mind is still groggy and heavy, not quite recovered from the effects of the gas. "W-What happened?"

It takes several minutes for Sonic to wake up enough to look around at his dim surroundings. There is a table with medical tools to his left, and there is an x-ray viewer along with a few other things he couldn't identify to his right. He concludes that he is in some sort of operating room.

Then he remembers what happened earlier and realizes where he is. His eyes shoot down in horror and fear, "Has Eggman seen me transform at all?" To his relief, though a bit upset about it, Sonic is still in beast form.

Which means it was still night outside. But how close was it to daybreak?

Sonic grunts as he tries to lift his powerful transformed arms, but he finds heavy straps are binding him down to the platform. He then attempts to get free by biting the straps, but his jaws couldn't even reach them.

Suddenly, a bright, blinding light above him turns on, causing him to shut his eyes tight. "I see your awake now," says a familiar voice. Sonic cracks open one eye to see who spoke in the darkness. Even with the hash light, he sees a figure stepping towards him.

It is Eggman, wearing a surgeon's attire. He pulls off the mask that is covering his face, and dims the light, "There's no need to have per-surgery jitters. We're already done with the first round of procedures, and won't do more until tomorrow"

"Wait, what did you do!!??" Sonic's eyes widen in panic and his thoughts race, questions and curses whirling in his mind.

Oblivious of Sonic's thoughts, Eggman continues, "We didn't do much this time, just a simple microchip under the skin on the back of your neck. Just in case something goes wrong with what I have in store for you. I will be able to easily find you this way."

Sonic, hearing movement to his right, looks to that side and sees the Doctor's two robots, Decoe and Bocoe, indeed picking up the bloody surgeon tools. Sonic shivers when he realizes that it is his blood on those utensils.

"Don't worry, my friend. You were unconscious, and felt nothing."

Sonic looks back at the Doctor, and growls, baring his long, sharp teeth. That only makes the doctor laugh. Bokun flies over wearing a little nurse's outfit, "Doctor Eggman, should we take him to the 'recovery' room 'till your ready for him again?"

Eggman nods while pulling the surgeon hat off his bald head, "Yes Bokun, the room is all set up. Just take our 'guest' there, and fetch something for him to eat. We wouldn't want our 'friend' to starve now, would we?"

Sonic's stomach rumbles little just hearing that. Bokun giggles, nods, and the little robot starts to push Sonic's cart down the hall, its squeaky wheels screeching loudly.

Sonic tries to struggle free from the straps again, which makes Bokun smile. "Doctor Eggman made sure those were tough enough, so you can't break out of them. Come on there's no point in trying," he says. He then starts to get a little annoyed that Sonic seems to ignore him. So he just continues to push the cart.

Soon they arrive at a large open room that resembles a big cat exhibit at a zoo, complete with plants, rocks and trees everywhere. Bokun presses a button, opening a door to the enclosure. He then tips the cart and the straps are undone, sending Sonic face-planting into the dirt. Before Sonic can get to his feet, the robot races out with the cart and the door immediately shuts behind him.