Namjoon

"7 days to go", I mumbled to myself with a sigh, my right hand on the table supporting my face and the other playing tip tap on it. I looked over to the board and found Namjoon trying to get the students attention while scolding a few.

He is over it again! Why doesn't he leave them.

Our school had a policy of having nerds as the school captain. As boring as it sounds, the school captains are the same, which also implies on Namjoon, our present school captain. He is actually a typical nerd you'd find - the one's who wear specs, are sweet ,always hang around with their books and are not rebellious, and seeing him like this freaks me out a lot to the point that I just feel like punching his face and breaking his spectacles under my foot; the worst scenario being, he is in my class.

"Okay class. Silence!", the teacher shouted. "Here are your results of the last week's test. Come and collect them".
I got up from my seat and headed towards her desk after my name was called.

"Here. Average. Work hard. You won't get to your college with just 70 marks".

" I know. I'll try harder next time".

"I hope you do".

With just 70 marks I can't pursue my dream of entering the best Arts university, ACDI university - Anybody Can Do It. I have a passion of writing songs and dancing , and wanna pursue the same but to score this low in music won't let me.

I need to work hard.

When the bell rang I took my stuff and left to the music room. The musical instruments and their soothing melody always energies me.
I sat on the stool near the grand piano, my hands reached out for the keys with my closed eyes trying to rewind and collect my emotions from the day as I played the first piece of the book that I memorised. Music has always soothed me, be it in any time - good or bad.
Just when I was about to end, I clicked the wrong key and I furrowed my brows in irritation.

"It was great though", I heard someone speak from behind. I looked back to see the owner of the voice, standing there leaning his head on the wall .

" What are you doing here, Namjoon? ", I asked.

"Just checking you out ".

A sly smirk appeared on his face as he came in. He wasn't the same Namjoon I had seen,  he had his sleeved rolled up, his hands in his pocket and he stepped forward with a tilted head .

"Cut this crap. You can't check me until I check you first ".

What did I just say?  I must be out of my mind.

" Let's see who'll check whom first. Deal? "

"Deal".

Just when we shook hands together, I felt his firm grip tighten until I hissed in pain. He pulled me forward and whispered on my lips, " Wait till midnight. This time we have a lot to check ."

" Trust me it's gonna be better than yesterday ".