Chapter 5

Every member runs out of the guild to their positions to continue the fight. Y/N and Laxus share one more glance before running in opposite directions. Laxus ran forward with Erza, Gray, Juvia, Wendy, and Carla. Y/N turned and went in the direction of Gajeel, Levy, Lily, and the Strauss'. Throughout the time it took for all of the to get to a spot to sleep Natsu had come back severely injured not waking up. Y/N heard all of the news from Warrod and sighed laying down on her side. She lifted her hand looking at her ring thinking of Laxus before holding her hand tight.

"Don't go dying on me," Y/N whispered.

...

"Hey where'd Laxus go?" Gray pondered.

"Said something about being hungry and finding some food," Erza replied as the girls tried setting up sleeping bags. Gray looked over seeing Laxus sitting in a log holding his chest. Quietly he walked over. Laxus was breathing heavily and sweating uncontrollably.

"How long has this been going on?" Laxus' eyes widened looking over seeing Gray.

"This ain't your business," Gray chuckled.

"Well tough, was it when you inhaled all those particles?" Laxus sighed as he began to relax nodding.

"It just happens every once in a while, don't go flapping your lips to anyone." He glared and Gray nervously backed away.

"Don't gotta glare man." Laxus looked at his ring and sighed. "She know?"

"She wasn't supposed to, but one night when she woke up I just so happened to be up too."

Flashback

Y/N wiggled in pain and fear having another nightmare. Her eyes shot open breathing heavily. "Laxus," She reaches over to where he usually lies but felt no one there.

"Dammit!" Her eyes widened hearing him groan in pain in their shared living room. Y/N got up and gasped seeing him have difficulty breathing.

"Laxus!" She sprinted over kneeling down next to him as he sat on the floor holding his chest. "Hey are you alright? Laxus!" He couldn't answer her. Y/N opened her palms and started to use her healing magic. Laxus' breathing slowed down as she used her magic. He slowly grabbed her hands lowering them.

"I'm okay," Y/N lunged forward hugging him.

"What the hell was that?" He cursed explaining everything to her. Y/N smacked him on the head. "Why wouldn't you tell me you moron!"

"Not exactly what I need right now honey," He grumbled rubbing his head. Y/N sighed.

"Fine but from now on I wanna know when it happens it looked like my healing magic helped," Laxus shook his head.

"I'll be fine don't you go worrying about me," Y/N cupped his face making him look at her.

"Sorry but that's never gonna happen so get used to it. Laxus this could really be dangerous maybe even kill you if you still have those particles running through your veins." She leaned forward kissing him gently on the lips. "If I can help then I'm going to," He chuckled nodding.

"Stubborn woman," He leaned down sharing another kiss with her before it got more passionate. Laxus stood up holding Y/N walking over to the couch laying her down below him.

Flashback ends

"And then she took off her top and I," Gray's face turned red shaking his hands.

"I don't need to hear the rest of the story!!" Laxus held in a laugh. Gray sighed looking back up at Laxus. "How long has this been going on?"

"None of your business," Laxus snapped holding his chest as Gray sat beside him.

"She should've known from the beginning,"

"She shouldn't need to worry about me," Laxus looked at Gray and shook his head. "It's not that big of deal, no one should be worrying about me." Gray gave a slight smile. "I ain't dying until all this is over, just watch me protect it, the guild I mean. And her," Laxus looked down at his ring. "I'll make sure that she's never in any lasting pain again," Gray smiled and Laxus looked over rolling his eyes. "Would you put some damn clothes on?" Grays eyes widened.

"What the hell? When did this happen!" Laxus chuckled as Gray scrambled for his clothes. They walked back to their small campsite and laid in their designated spots. Laxus rolled to his side staring at his ring in deep thought.

"I promise, I'll give my life if I get to keep you safe." He whispered balling his fist.

The next morning

Laxus and his group went off to their destinations Mavis had strategized for them to go to. Gray and Juvia went to their spots seeing Lyon and Meredy while Erza was now by Kagura's side fighting. Laxus walked to his spot and glared.

"She was right, someone's coming up now." He mumbled waiting for whoever it was to reveal themselves. A tall man came to view. He had an evil smirk and chuckled as he saw Laxus. It was Wahl.

"Seems like you Fairy Tail brats have split up to try and take us out," Wahl's eyes widened seeing Laxus glaring evilly and cover his fist in lightning.

"It was you that hurt them, wasn't it." Laxus brought his fist down to punch him and Wahl grabbed it quickly struggling to keep up his fist.

"What the hell man!?" Laxus glared.

"They were my friends!" Laxus three Wahl's body back making him hit the ground in pain. Wahl smirked wiping a small drop of blood on his chin.

"Oho?" He began to mumble making Laxus raise a brow. "Alchemically fuse copper and zinc and drill them into 9 mm bullets!" He looked up with balled fist. "FIRE!" Multiple bullets was shot at Laxus. Not fazed at all Laxus swings his arm and destroys every bullet with his lightning before they even hit him. Wahl gasped in shock. Over on the other side of town Lyon have a confused look.

"Lightning normal weather for you in Magnolia?" Gray smirked.

"Just the usual, a little sunny with a chance of Laxus." Gray threw ice at a soldier who came up to him. "Transitioning into freezing rain later in the day!" Juvia have heart eyes.

"My darling Gray is even hot giving us the weather!" Gray twitched.

"That's so creepy!"

Back to Laxus

Laxus snarled at Wahl.

"You're pretty good aren't ya Blondie?" Wahl looked at Laxus and could see into him analyzing the inside of his body. "Analyzing, What the! Your organs are," He could see the black magic particles inside of him. Trying to attack him Laxus ran forward pulling back his fist. Wahl did the same and their fist met creating a wave of magic energy. He cackle at Laxus. "You're quite something punk, no way you're human and still alive with those in ya. How are you still alive?" Laxus sprinted forward head budding him.

"How am I alive?" Laxus repeated. "I don't really sweat it on the details it doesn't matter to me. All that matters to me," He covered his body in lightning and attacked Wahl. "Is how I live my life here on out!" Y/N's eyes averted over seeing lightning in the nearby town. She stopped walking looking over seeing an explosion shortly after. Mira smiled rubbing her arm.

"Don't worry Y/N, I'm sure Laxus will be perfectly fine."

"Yeah he's a real man!" Y/N nodded slowly.

"Alright let's get going,"

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I am happy to say the next will be out soon cause I already started it! Also don't forget to check out my new books that hopefully should be come out this week and my most recent Gajeel X Reader Book titled Stay and has been ranked already in top 100 Gajeel books on Wattpad! YAY!!! Comment below if you guys have any ideas you'd like me to try and write love you all! Byeee!!!