Chapter 6

Laxus hits Wahl with another lightning attack making him cackle.

"You moron! Haven't you been listening!? Lightning doesn't do shit to me!" He brought his metal arm back swinging forward and punching Laxus back. "Bahahah!! So how do you wanna die!!? Think E~XTRA hard!!!" Laxus growled kicking Wahl back through a building. The two fought using just combat crashing through bricked walls. Laxus growled sending a huge wave of lightning at Wahl making him kneel in the ground. He slowly smirked. "Analysis complete,"

"What the hell is up with this guy?"

"He's afflicted by large quantities of magic barrier particles which have somehow infiltrated his body. However, this lug's power is still one of the top ones within Fairy Tail." Wahl's armor began to change. "Switching to assault mode, setting Laxus' as sole target. Estimated time frame for annihilation, 90 seconds." Wahl stands completely in new armor facing Laxus with a smirk. An attack shot up at Laxus which he barely dodged in time slightly cutting his arm. An explosion went off in the sky that everyone could see. Erza looked up in shock.

"What in blazes?" Erza shouted as Kagura gasped.

"The sky itself has been scorched!?"

Laxus snarled holding his chest. 'This damn body of mine! Of all times!' He though as he had difficulty breathing. Wahl took advantage of this and sprinted forward kicking Laxus back with an explosion attack making him fly back.

"Targets vital signs confirmed, honing systems open." While Laxus was mid air mussels began to fly towards him. "Missels ready," Wahl aimed. "Fire!!" He demanded as they each shot at Laxus.

"GARGH!!" Laxus shouted in pain. He laid in pain slightly coughing up blood.

"Vitals reconfirmed, rail gun ready!!" He cackled. "Pierce em!" Laxus was electrocuted surprising Wahl he saw him in no pain. Laxus smirked lunging forward. "Shit I forgot this guy is powered off of electricity!" Laxus swung his fist hitting Wahl a few times before falling back down holding his chest in pain. He struggled for air falling onto his stomach. Wahl hummed. "This seems to be your peak, the magic particles have completely taken over," He rose his gun as it shifted changing. "Illegal explosives from ethernano-separation equipped." As Wahl shot the attack disappeared. A jutsu shiki appeared. "What!" Laxus smirked.

"Thanks Freed, no one could break through your enchantments and if they could they'd neutralize the magical barrier particles becoming my 'cure'." Laxus stood completely now having power and strength. Wahl shouted in anger.

"Personality settings error! Personality settings error!" He growled. Laxus smirked lunging forward covering his body in lightning. "AHAHAHAH Thunder doesn't work on me!! You're hopeless!" Wahl cackled. Laxus punched Wahl in the gut making him groan in pain.

"Oh yeah well I ain't giving you my life that easily!" Wahl smirked but soon looked down in shock seeing Laxus' lightning turn dark red.

"What's that reddish dark thunder I can't seem to analyze it!!"

Flash back (in Laxus mind)

The guild we're all taking a break from the games going to a nearby water park to relax. Laxus say with an annoyed face as Mavis swam around in front of him. "Yury," She smiles.

"Huh?" Laxus rose a brow looking at her confused. She swam to the edge sitting by him. "Makarovs father, he's your great grandfather."

"Hm so he's one of the founders of Fairy Tail, wonder why the old man never said anything."

"You know you resemble him a lot,"  Laxus nodded.

"What kind of person was he?" Mavis thought for a moment.

"He was very cheerful, the life of the party actually." Laxus 'tsked'. 

"Sounds nothing like me," She smiled as pink covered her cheeks.

"He cared about his friends and family more than anything in the world. Laxus' eyes widened slightly looking around at his fellow members before averting his eyes.

"Yeah nothing like me, did you forget that I attempted to take over the guild? And now I'm back, it's a hilarious story."

"But it didn't stop you did it?" Mavis looked over seeing Y/N looking over at Laxus with a smile as she stood in her bikini. He meets eyes with her and smiles. She waves before running off with Lucy and Erza. He waves as she ran off. "And no matter what you say I can see at least one person in the guild you'd do anything to protect, " Laxus blushed looking away. "That's why you're so much like him,"

Back to present

Laxus remembered the memory as he swung forward with a strong attack using red lighting. Wahl's body flew back and he shouted in pain now being affected by the lightning. Laxus stood up straight panting heavily. He stumbled and fell now sitting on the ground.

"I said I'd avenge my friends and protect her, I meant it." He mumbled as Wahl laid there motionless.