Chapter 5: Umm, You are?

Last night was cold. My pitch black shirt and shorts provided little warmth.

Hearing talking and people arriving, I jump up and open my eyes. I see some young vikings I think I knew and that boy from yesterday. A man, missing an arm and a leg, looks at me. "Um, who are you?" He asks. Hmm my human name was Tyler, but now that would be weird. Dusk? Nah. "I don't know" I reply. That boy from before looks at me as if trying to analyze something. "Well, you're here now, so you can join dragon training." The man said. Okay, that clicks. By Dragon training, they mean training themselves against dragons. "Yeah sure" I reply. "Okay we have a Gronckle, a Nadder, a Terror, a Zippleback and a Monstrous Nightmare. Now enter, the Gronckle." He says. "Aren't you gonna teach is first?" A husky looking boy said. "I believe in learning on the job." The man replied as he let the gronckle out. "Now what are you going to need?" He asks. "+5 speed?" The husky boy guessed. "A doctor?" The boy from before asks. "Wings?" I guess. The man laughed. "If only" he smirked. "A shield!" The fierce looking girl said. "That's right Astrid! Everyone get yourself a shield!" Everyone did, but don't notice me walking up to the Gronckle. I get a closer look and realize, I know this Gronckle. "Meatlug?" I whisper. "What do you want! Scaleless!" She snapped. "Ouch Meatlug, that hurt. Its me, Duskwing." I whisper. "How?!" She snaps. "Okay. A) I understand dovahzul and B) My scent, do you recognize it?" I ask quietly. She sniffs me. "Yes I do. But how?" She asks. "How am I human? I was originally human, that probably has something yo do with it" I reply. "Now that your scaleless again, are you gonna be our enemy?" Meatlug asks, slight hints of sadness in her voice. "No, I am A dragon at heart, and I will always choose you guys over the vikings. Just help me out here." She smiles as I say that. "Sure. But how?" "Just follow my lead." I say. Then everyone notices me. "Back! Back! Back! Get back into your cage!" I say, thrusting my hands forward. She backs into her cage. "Thanks" I whisper as I close the cage. "Well I got things to do. See ya!" The boy and I say at the same time. We run towards the cove. I stop, realizing where he is going and let him get there first. I shift to dragon form and fly into the cove.

"Where were you?" He says. Umm, with you at the arena thing. He holds out a fish in his hand. "You must be hungry" he says. Yep. I open my gummy mouth, expecting him to just give it to me. "Toothless? I swear you had................." I unleash my teeth and snatch the fish. "...teeth" he finishes.