Prologue

As the woman walked about the halls of the palace, sheer power seemed to radiate from her form. Everything about her pristine figure, from the high cheekbones to her regal appearance, displayed centuries of fine breeding.

The tinkling of her anklets, along with the other exquisite but elegant jewellery she adorned, echoed off the walls. With her dusky complexion, lavish hair and exotic eyes, along with her regal attire and a demeanour that radiated authority, she was truly fitting for the title of the Princess of Mahendragiri.

A gentle smile graced the lips of Princess Damayanthi Pratap Rathore; her eyes shone with genuine contentment as she strolled at a leisurely pace through her palace, her home.

She had greatly missed her home the few years she had been living at her maternal grandmother’s kingdom, after having lost her mother at a young age.

Damayanthi sighed. She had returned only a few days back, and now that the initial tiredness had worn off, she tried to get back to her old ways.

She could feel a lump forming at her throat while looking at the familiar structure of the temple, reminiscing the times she had spent with her mother teaching her how to arrange a plate of offerings.

She made sure her own plate was arranged the same way her mother taught her. She smiled fully, the morning rays casting a glow over her face as she remembered that her father would be here for the prayer.

With a smile etched on her lips, she made her way up the stairs of the marble structure.

_______________________________________
Authors note:
Hope you enjoy this little figment of my imagination. Do leave your comments and votes!