The One Where Maggie's Hurt

This couldn't be happening, it just couldn't be. Alex couldn't be sitting in the waiting room of a hospital; crying in Kara's arms because her wife was shot on the job. She just couldn't process this.

How could this happen? I mean, Alex always knew that Maggie wasn't safe while at work, but she never thought something like this would actually happen. She never though Maggie would be in the operating room while doctors tried to stop her from bleeding out internally.

"Shh Al it's okay, she's going to be okay." Kara soothed her sobbing sister as she ran her fingers through the short red hair.

"I-I can't loose her." Alex sobbed out, her voice catching in her throat as she cried. 

"They're going to save her, she's going to be okay." Kara said softly, attempting to sooth her sister.

Alex cried into Kara's shoulder for a few more minutes before composing herself and sitting up. A few minutes later Maggie's partner, Larry, walked in and immediately his eyes land on Maggie's distraught wife. Her eyes were puffy and red; she looked awful.

Alex spotted her wife's partner and jumped up from her seat to talk to him. Larry walked over to Alex and hugged her. When he became Maggie's partner right after they got married —he was welcomed into the friend group quickly.

"Is she okay? Oh my god Alex i'm so sorry I let this happen." He said as he hugged the redhead. Alex and Maggie were his best friends.

"I don't know how she's doing, they haven't updated me yet." Alex started. "And this isn't your fault." She finished; her face still buried in his chest.

Larry pulled away from the hug and sighed. "But if I would've been there sooner this wouldn't have happened." He said while his eyes filled with tears.

Alex sighed sadly and placed a hand on his arm. "You we're doing your job, and so was she no one could've stopped this."

Larry just nodded and pulled Alex back into him once they sat down beside Kara. The blonde smiled at Larry sadly and laid her hand on her sisters thigh.

Alex was so thankful to have these people here with her, she didn't want to imagine how much harder this would be if she didn't have them.

About an hour later a doctor walked out in dark blue scrubs and immediately Alex stood up. "Is she okay?" She asked quickly.

"Maggie is okay. She lost a lot of blood but she's okay." The doctor said, offering Alex a smile.

"Oh thank god." Alex sighed. "Can I see her?" She asked quickly; her eyes filling with hope.

"Yes, but she isn't awake yet."

"I don't care, just take me to her." Alex replied as she turned to Kara and Larry.

"Thank you guys for being here with me." She gave them both a brief hug and then turned to follow the doctor to Maggie.

They stopped at door and the doctor turned to her. "She's still a sleep, but she should wake up in less than an hour."

Alex nodded and opened the door to her wife's hospital room. She walked in and when her eyes landed on Maggie her heart broke. She was hooked up to multiple machines, her usual caramel skin was a ghostly pale, and her beautiful hair was in a tangled mess around her face.

Alex slowly walked to her and gently pulled the other woman's hand into her own. "Hey Mags." She started off in a whisper. "I'm so glad you're okay; I don't know what I would do without you. Who would steal my clothes, and dance with me in the living room? Who would skip work with me just to lay in bed and cuddle all day? Who would complain about my pile of dirty clothes beside the bed? Who would make me come out of my shell and be myself? Maggie without you I wouldn't be me. I'm so thankful for you, please don't leave me" She said with tears in her eyes as she pulled the chair closer to her and sat down beside the bed.

She kissed the back of Maggie's hand and laid her head down on the bed beside her wife; their hands still intertwined together. Without noticing the agent slowly fell asleep.

She woke up when Maggie began to move; her head shot straight up and she smoothed the detectives hair back from her face. "Hey beautiful." She whispered when dark brown eyes met her own hazel ones.

"Hey." Maggie croaked, her voice hoarse from lack of using it. Alex jumped into action and brought a cup of water to Maggie with a straw in it.

Maggie smiled at her and took a small sip, the liquid soothing her dry throat. "Thanks"

Alex burst into tears and grabbed her wife's face gently. "I can't believe I almost lost you."

Maggie looked back at her with sad eyes. "Hey Al, it's okay i'm here and i'm okay."

"But you aren't okay Maggie, someone shot you!" Alex said as tears ran down her face

Maggie sighed softly and leaned up slightly to kiss Alexs' lips. "I'm going to be fine Alex."

Alex nodded and leaned their foreheads together as tears ran down her face. "Good, because we still have so many firsts to have together."

Maggie smiled; that had been their thing ever since Alex was kidnapped. They still hadn't been on their first vacation; they never had a honeymoon. They also still hadn't gotten that dog they talked about; maybe when Maggie was out of here they could.

"I don't plan on dying any time soon." Maggie whispered to her wife.

"That's good; I would be lost without you." Alex laughed softly.

Maggie smiled widely and scooted over on her bed. "Come cuddle with me."

"I don't want to hurt you Mags." Alex said nervously.

"Danvers are you getting soft on me again?" Maggie smirked.

"I believe you asked me to cuddle Detective; therefor you're the one getting soft." Alex laughed as she climbed into bed with her wife.

Maggie just laughed and leaned her head on the redheads shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too Maggie." Alex replied before falling asleep.

AN-

hey guys, i came up with this today while i was studying for my math exam, so instead of studying like i should've i wrote this 😂