The One With The Baby

@sanvers_ a baby baby like a couple of days old gets left in a car seat outside of Alex's apartment door.

Thank you for the idea!!❤️

-

Alex was rushing around her apartment that morning looking for her favorite leather jacket. She thought she had sat it on the back of the couch when she came home last night; but then again she was rushing to get ready for her date with Maggie so who knows where she put it.

The Agent sighed and grabbed a black coat from the coat rack and shrugged it on, still upset that she couldn't find her favorite jacket. She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her keys before leaving the apartment. When she opened the door it smacked against something, startling her.

She went to apologize to whoever she hit when she realized it wasn't a person, it was a car seat. Confusion filled her as she bent down and pulled her blanket back to reveal a small new born baby. Alex's eyes widened in surprise and she pulled her phone from her pocket to call J'onn.

"Alex? Where are you you're late for work!" J'onn began to scold her until she cut him off.

"J'onn i'm sorry i'm running late, but someone left their baby in front of my apartment." Alex explained the situation as she lifted the car seat up and walked back into her apartment with it.

"What?" J'onn asked in disbelief as Alex sighed.

"There was a baby left at my door, it's not very old." She said as she began to remove the baby from the car seat.

As Alex pulled back the cream colored blanket it looked up at her with big blue eyes. She carefully removed the baby and examined its blue onesie with cars placed all over it.

"I'll be there in just a minute Alex." J'onn said beige hanging up.

Alex smiled at the small human in her arms. He seemed to be well taken care of, there weren't any apparent injuries, and he was dressed nicely and in a nice car seat. The baby began to cry and Alex panicked slightly.

"Shh shhh it's okay." She cooed as she bounced around with him held close to her chest.

Just as she was about to call him back J'onn walked through her door and over to her and the baby.

"He won't stop crying!" Alex said over the noise.

J'onn chuckled at her and lifted the small human from her arms. He cradled the baby in his arms until the crying stopped. Alex stared at him is disbelief, how did he calm the baby so quickly?

"Do you know how long he's been there?" J'onn asked as she continued to rock the baby in his arms.

"No, but I haven't heard him crying so he probably hasn't been there long." Alex said while she picked her phone up and sent Maggie and Kara a text telling them to hurry and meet her at her apartment.

Within two minutes Kara flew through the open window in Alex's apartment with the small detective in her arms.

"Damn Little Danvers, i'll never get used to that." She laughed as she held onto the younger Danvers sisters arm to steady herself.

Alex smiled and made her way over to the two. She pulled Maggie into a quick kiss then turned to hug her sister before explaining the situation.

"So this morning when I was leaving for work I found this little guy outside of the door, alone." She said gesturing to the baby boy in J'onns arms.

"Oh my Rao." Kara said; peeling the small human from J'onns arms and cradling him in her arms.

"Maggie has anyone reporting a missing baby or anything?" Alex asked as she turned to her girlfriend.

"No, not that I know of, but I can check." The detective said as she kept her eyes on the baby.

Alex nodded but watched Maggie closely. "Thank you babe." She whispered as she kissed the shorter woman's cheek.

"Let's get him back to the D.E.O. so we can't run some tests on him." J'onn said as he stepped closer to Alex.

Kara nodded and held the baby close to her chest before leaping out of the window and taking off to the D.E.O. Alex shared a short kiss with Maggie and gave her the keys to lock the apartment up.

"Let me know what you find." She said before J'onn grabbed her and followed Kara out the window and towards the D.E.O. 

-

After a few hours of doing tests Alex discovered that the baby was in fact human. She had gotten a call from Maggie, no one had put out a missing persons report on the baby yet.

So there she was, sitting in a chair in a dark room of the D.E.O., softly singing a baby boy to sleep. She smiled, hoping that one day she would have this with Maggie, praying one day they would have a beautiful baby together.

The problem was though; Maggie always shut herself off whenever the topic was brought up. It upset Alex a little bit, but she understood why it would make her fiancée uncomfortable. Maggie didn't have the best luck with her parents so Alex figured that she didn't want to mess up like they did.

Just as the baby fell asleep the door opened slowly and the small detective poked her head inside. "Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." Alex said as a smile pulled at her lips.

Maggie walked inside and smiled at the sight she saw. "Did he finally go to sleep?"

"Yeah, after I ran all of the tests. He was a champ through it all." Alex smiled and sat him down in his car seat.

Maggie smiled and walked over to Alex, placing her hands on the taller woman's hips. Alex smiled at her and leaned down to press a tender kiss to the other woman's lips.

"I can't believe someone would leave their baby at some strangers door step." Alex sighed out, still holding Maggie close to her body.

"Me either." Maggie sighed as she pulled Alex in for a hug and rested her head on the taller woman's chest.

"Maggie, do you ever want to have kids?" Alex asked softly, curiosity getting the best of her.

The smaller woman tensed at the question and sighed, pulling away from the agent. "I've never really seen myself as a mom." She simply said.

Alex's whole body deflated at the answer because she had always wanted kids. She had always seen herself raising wonderful children, and tucking her children into bed, sending them off to school every morning, rocking them to sleep and just being a mom.

"Oh." Was all the agent could muster up to say.

Maggie saw the defeated look on Alexs face and took a step closer to her. "Hey, that doesn't mean I don't want them. I'm just- I guess I'm just scared."

Alex looked up and met the detectives eyes. "Why are you scared?" She asked softly.

"I'm scared i'll mess it up." Maggie said, hands dropping to her sides.

Alex stepped forwards and placed her hands on both of Maggie's shoulders. "Take all the time you need, but you're going to be an amazing mom." Alex said, kissing Maggie's forehead.

She was happier now knowing that Maggie hadn't shut the idea down completely.

"You are too Danvers."

-

AN

lol guys this is kinda everywhere. but good news! i'm finally finished with the end of the semester and have time to write again. i've been working on this one for a few days now 😂😂