The One After The Break Up

Maggie sat on the couch, a tub of vegan ice-cream in her hands as The Walking Dead played on her TV. She was dressed in sweatpants and a T-shirt. Her long hair was a mess and greasy. This is how she'd been since Alex broke up with her. It had only been two weeks, but she had taken off of work for three weeks because she had so many vacation days built up and she hardly ever took a sick day.

After staying with her friend for a few days she had been able to lease an apartment and she was forever grateful. Her friend was great and all, but she asked too many questions and Maggie just wanted to be alone.

So here she was, curled up on the couch, a complete mess. Alex was the only thing that really had made her happy in a long time. She had finally given Maggie something she never knew she would have, a family. Sadly, her family was ripped away from her when Alex had found out that Maggie didn't want kids.

It broke Maggie, but she just never saw herself as a mom. She never wanted to be responsible for a small human's life. For some reason though, after feeling what life was without Alex she would have kids with Alex, to make her happy and just to have her again. There was no-one else that Maggie wanted, no-one better than the shorthaired redhead D.E.O. agent.

So that's why Maggie was getting up, showering, and shrugging on her black jeans, white button up shirt and leather jacket. That's why Maggie was rushing out of her apartment without her gun, something she never did. That's why Maggie was jumping onto her bike and speeding down the roads of National City in the down-pouring rain on her way to Alex's apartment.

Just before Maggie knocked on the door she paused. What if this was a bad idea? What if Alex laughed at her and sent her away? No Alex would never do that, their relationship ended respectfully and Alex would always listen to her.

So there she was, lifting her fist to the door and knocking lightly. In a matter of seconds the door was opening and Maggie was met with wide eyes. Alex was obviously surprised to see Maggie, but still ushered her inside.

"Thanks." Maggie said, barely above a whisper. Alex just nodded at her and tossed a blanket over the smaller woman's shoulders.

"What's wrong? Why're you here?" Alex asked as she took a step back and took in the appearance of the woman she would always love.

"N-Nothing this was a bad idea i'm sorry." Maggie said as she shrugged the blanket off and made a break for the door.

But Alex stopped her with a strong but careful grip to her wrist. "No talk to me Maggie, what's wrong?"

Maggie sighed and look down making sure to avoid eye-contact with Alex. "It's nothing Alex, I'm sorry for showing up here. It was stupid." Maggie said as tears began to fill her eyes.

She was stupid for showing up here like this. It hurt her a lot and she assumed it hurt Alex too.

"No listen Maggie, I was actually going to call you. I need to talk to you." Alex said as she made her way to the couch. "Come sit with me."

Maggie sighed and followed Alex. She looked around the apartment and realized that nothing had really changed, but it was kinda empty without Maggie's things. Alex pulled Maggie down beside her and sighed.

"Maggie I just want to start with saying I'm sorry for causing you so much pain." Alex said as tears brimmed her eyes.

"No Alex it wasn't your fault. I should've opened my mind and thought about your feelings too." Maggie said softly as she reach up and wiped a tear from Alex's cheek.

The redhead gave Maggie a soft smile that melted her heart and made her miss this even more.

"But, I should've given you a chance, and let you open up to the idea. It was wrong of me to just leave and not give you anytime to adjust to the thought." Alex said, making gestures with her hands, obviously upset with herself.

"Hey, Alex listen to me. I don't blame you for anything. You were just trying to protect yourself and I respect that. But Alex, I miss you so much. I'm not the same without you by my side. For the last two weeks I haven't shown up at work, I couldn't." Maggie spoke as she stood up from the couch, stress overtaking her whole body as she spoke. "I've just sat on the couch, eating vegan ice cream and wondering if things would've been different if I would have just opened up to the idea, gave it some thought."

As Maggie ramble Alex stayed on the couch, hanging onto every single word that her ex-fiancée spoke.

"Alex, if having kids means I get to be with you for the rest of my life, then i'm willing to give it a shot. I've never seen myself as a mom, but I could do it with you. I could do anything with you, because you Alex Danvers, you make me a better woman, and I will always love you for that." Maggie trailed off, picking at her fingernails nervously.

"Alex, can we try this again? Please." She begged, not sure if she could take the hurt of being pushed away again by the love of her life.

Alex sighed and ran her fingers through her short red hair. She didn't know what to say. I mean, of course she wants Maggie back, Maggie is all she's ever wanted, but trying this again means she could be hurt again. What if later in the future Maggie decides she doesn't want kids again and Alex is hurt all over again?

"Alex, are you okay?" Maggie asked, worry laced in her voice as she placed a gentle hand on the taller woman's shoulder.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." She sighed, spinning around to face the other woman. "Maggie, if we try this again you can't close up on me about kids again, okay?"

Maggie took a deep breath and nodded, surprised that Alex even took it into consideration. "Alex, if having kids means I get to be with you, i'll do it."

"Mag's, I don't want you to have kids just to be with me." Alex said softly, taking the other woman's hands into her own.

"I want this Alex. I want a future with you, and a family. I want it all." Maggie spoke, tears brimming her eyes.

"I want it too." Alex whispered, pulling the smaller woman into her embrace and holding her tightly.

"Please don't ever leave again." Maggie said softly into Alex's shoulder.

"I won't." Alex spoke before inhaling Maggie's scent.

They both felt safe and happy again for the first time in two weeks.