7. Soccermatch.

POV Dayanara.

I went up the stairs and heard Gabe's footsteps behind me. "Are you gonna follow me everywhere?" I asked, entering the library. I gasped at the interior.

The walls had built in bookshelves all the way to the ceiling. A staircase was placed in the middle of the room. Allowing access to the top part of the shelves.

At the end of the staircare were two big couches facing each other. On the opposite of the stairs was a big leather chair. And in the middle was a small coffee table.

"Yes, except to the bathroom." Gabriel cut my astonishment short. "I don't think that would be appreciated."

"That's right." I nodded while walking up the stairs. "You guys got a lot of books." I trailed my fingers over them.

"Yeah, Mateo loves reading. Xander does too but mostly Stephen King or John Green." Gabe shrugged as he took a seat.

"You don't?" I asked, taking out a book, The Da Vinci Code.

"Nope, I'm more of a sportsman." He shook his head as I walked down the stairs.

"You can be both." I shrugged and sat down. "But this conversation is now over, I'm gonna read." I stated.

~ Two Hours Later~

"Alright, I'm done." I placed a paper between the pages and left it on the table. "Let's go to the kitchen."

"Are you going to make something?" Excitement clear in his voice.

"Yes, what would you like for dinner?" I asked.

"Pasta with chicken breast." He stated. "Can you make that?"

"Yes, I can. If you have the ingredients." I nodded.

"I'm sure we do." He started rummaging through the fridge and the cupboards. After he got out all the equipment, I got to work.

"How many people live here?" I asked while flipping the chicken.

"Xander, Theo and I." He said. "There used to be two of the highest warriors but they found their mates and moved out. The rest of the pack lives down the trail." He pointed to the path that was visible through the trees. "It's about a ten minute walk."

I finished making the pasta and put it in a big bowl. I placed it on the counter and then checked if the chicken was cooked properly.

"It smells great." Mateo walked in, Alexander trailing behind him.

"It does." Alexander agreed.

"I get first dibs!" Gabriel yelled as he grabbed a plate.

"No way!" Alexander argued. "I am the Alpha."

"Neither of you get first dibs." I cut them off, making them look at me. "Mateo gets first." I said and Mateo grinned as I put the food on his plate.

"What?!" They exclaimed. "But my rank is higher!" Gabe yelled.

"Yeah while you were bickering, he took a plate and waited for me to give him the food." I scolded.

"I'll pour the drinks." Alexander sighed in defeat.

"I'll get the utensils." Gabriel pouted while Mateo was already seated at the table.

"Aren't you two nice." Mateo tutted.

"Yeah, yeah." Gabe said. "I want to watch the game."

"Who is playing?" I asked as I took a seat beside Mateo.

"Barcelona versus Juventus." Alexander answered.

We had a small talk during dinner and after twenty minutes, everyone was finished. "Gabe, plates and utensils, Theo glasses and I'll make the nachos." Alexander ordered.

"I'll help." I stood up.

"No, it's okay. You already made us dinner." Mateo took my glass and put it in the sink.

"But-" Gabriel cut me off. "Dayanara, you can go and turn the tv on."

"Fine." I huffed and made my way towards the living room. I turned on the huge flatscreen and searched for the right channel.

I sat down on the couch on right, leaning my back against the armrest as I faced the tv. I pulled my feet up on the couch.

"Let's go!" Gabriel yelled as he plopped down on the couch that was facing the tv. The other two soon followed and the start signal was heard. "You're a Juventus supporter, go sit on the other couch." He told Alexander. Who just rolled his eyes and sat on the chair.

Halfway through the first half, Juventus could've scored. "They should have given it to Dybala. He could make a far shot or atleast get corner." I shook my head. The guys fell silent so I turned to look at them.

"You like soccer." Gabriel said like a statement.

"So?" I asked.

"I already like you." He nodded approvingly while grabbing some nachos.

"We're gonna keep you." Mateo agreed. "Too bad you're for Juventus." He shook his head.

"I used to be for Barcelona but I also like Dybala." I sighed. "That's why I prefer the World Cup. Then you have Messi, Dybala and Di María on the same team." I explained.

"That's smart." Gabe nodded in agreement.

I've noticed that Gabe is the loud and funny one. While Mateo is the quiet, serious and intimidating one. Alexander is obviously the leader but he is also a little playful with them.

~~~

"I think it's time for me to go home." I stood up. It was already 10.30 PM

"Do you really have to go?" Gabriel pouted.

"Yeah, my uncle is probably starting to wonder where I am." I smiled sadly, knowing that wasn't true at all.

"I'll give you a ride home." Alexander stood up and guided me to the garage. I sat in the passengers seat of his Range Rover.

"Thank you for inviting me into your home." I said as he drove out of the woods.

"You're welcome anytime." He smiled and my heart skipped a beat. "The guys are fond of you, so they won't be any trouble."

"Thanks, again." I gave him one lasting look as he gazed into my eyes. My heart clenched when I got out of the car, knowing I was about to get one of the biggest beatings I've ever had.

I turned and waved once more at Alexander, so he wouldn't become suspicious of why I'm so reluctant. He smiled brightly before driving off.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the house. The smell of alcohol filling my nostrils. Maybe if I run now, I'll get to my room in time.

"Where have you been?! You skank!" An angry voice yelled and I flinced. His footsteps approached me and I stood frozen. He looked at me with a glare that turned into a sadistic grin. "There you are." He threw a bottle at me. I quickly ducked but it was useless, this was only the beginning.