8. He knows.

POV Alexander.

I was in Dayanara's room, laying on the bed. She was in the bathroom. I have no clue what she is doing in there but she had been in there for twenty minutes.

I got up and went to the bathroom door. When I got there, I heard a sharp intake of breath, almost like a wince. "Dayanara, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She assured.

"Open the door, tesoro." I said softly. The door went off the lock and I walked in. "What's wrong?" I asked when I noticed her staring at the floor.

"I have bruise on my shoulder, it just hurts." She waved it off.

"Let me see." I tried to move her shirt to the side.

"No!" She exclaimed and turned away from me. I got shocked because she got so defensive. "I mean, I'll be fine. It'll heal."

"Dayanara," I started but got cut off by a car door shutting. Her eyes widened as she pushed me out of the bathroom.

"You have to leave!" She whispered loudly while pulling me towards the balcony door. "He's home early!"

I jumped out of the window, landing swiftly on my feet. I glanced around and then jumped the fence, into her neighbor's yard. I dusted myself off when I noticed an older woman rushing towards me.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried.

"I'm fine." I looked down on her since she was so small. "Thank you."

"A- Alpha Kingston." She stammered, I just nodded in conformation. "Alpha, what are you doing here?"

"My mate lives next door but her uncle was coming home." I answered. The lady's eyes widened and her heartbeat accelerated. "What's wrong?"

"Alpha, your mate, she is getting abused." The lady whispered.

"WHAT?!" I roared as I started to shake. I felt Angelo trying to come out.

"Alpha, please calm down." The woman begged. "Let's go inside." I sat down on the couch and she sat infront of me.

"There were multiple times where she'd be kicked out at night. I always take her in a patch up her wounds." She told me.

"Thank you so much, for taking care of my mate." I said.

"Who is he, granny?" A young voice asked. A little boy came out of the hallway and he ran towards the woman.

"It's Daya's friend, Alpha Alexander." She replied as the kid hid behind her.

"Who is he?" I asked, nodding my head to the little boy.

"This is Daniel. Dayanara found him when he was a baby. He was left in his crib but his parents were murdered." The lady explained. "She took him with her when she went to live with her aunt. But when her aunt passed, she brought him here. Because she was afraid that something might happen to him."

"Sir, are you a werewolf?" The boy asked while approaching me. "Like Daya?"

"I am." I nodded. "Do you want to see my wolf?"

"Yes please! Daya never shows me her wolf anymore." He pouted, confusing me.

The lady must've noticed my look. "His first memory is of her shifting."

"Dayanara can shift?" I asked while we walked into the backyard. The lady went back to washing the dishes.

"She could but I don't think she can anymore." He pondered. "She used let me play with her wolf."