18. Break up.

POV Dayanara.

I woke up in a warm bed and it smelled like Mateo. My neck was still hurting a lot and so was my head. I sat up and nearly screamed when I saw a wolf on the floor. I stood up from the bed and saw Mateo laying on the couch.

He was covered in blood and so was the wolf, I'm assuming Gabriel, on the floor. Both of them looked at me.

"What happened?" I asked as I helped Mateo up and threw a pair of shorts towards Gabriel.

"We got in a fight with Alexander to stop him from getting to you." Mateo replied as he blocked my view so Gabriel could shift.

"Guys, you know you can't take on an Alpha. Let alone stop one from seeing his mate." I shook my head.

"But we had to protect our Luna." Gabriel stepped into view.

"Look at you." My voice cracked at the sight of them. "Mateo, you definitely have three broken ribs, a couple bruised ones, a black eye and maybe even a Goddamn concussion." I sighed. "And Gabriel, Alexander broke your arm and slashed your back open."

"Don't worry about us, we'll heal." Gabe assured.

"Mind link the packdoctor." I demanded, Mateo sighed but did so anyway. A few minutes later, a man in a white coat entered. He treated their wounds and left after bowing.

I got up and went to check on Alexander. Even though I'm mad at him, he's still my mate and I have to know if he's okay.

I walked up the stairs and into our room. Alexander shot up and stared at me while I scanned his body for injuries. His only injury was a cut on his arm.

I felt two powerful presences appear behind me and Alexander's eyes darkened. "Get out!" He said lowly to his Beta and Gamma.

"We will stand by our Luna." Mateo stepped beside me and so did Gabriel. In a flash, Alex stepped forward and wrapped his hand around Mateo's neck.

Mateo gasped for air when Alexander's claws dug into his skin. Gabriel stepped up to help but my mate grabbed his throat as well. The Beta wrapped his hand around his Alpha's neck  while Mateo placed his claws over Alexander's heart.

"PUT. THE. CLAWS. AWAY!" I snapped at them. They ignored me and each of them squeezed a bit harder.

With a flick of my wrist I extended my claws. "Put. Them. Down." I growled lowly as I lifted my claws to my throat.

"You can't do that!" Gabriel panicked. He withdrew his hand from Alexander's neck.

"Don't hurt yourself." Mateo let his hands fall to his side. Alexander's gaze hardened as he looked at me.

"Let. Them. Go." I said, digging my claws in my throat, deep enough to draw blood. I felt the red liquid go down my neck. Alexander eyes widened when he realized that I wasn't playing and he retracted his hands.

"Mateo, Gabriel, leave." I said calmly.

"And leave you here with him? Hell no!" Gabriel replied, earning a growl from his Alpha.

"He won't hurt me." I assured and pushed them towards the door.

"He marked you without permission." Mateo reminded me.

"Out." I shut the door in their faces.

"Dayanara-" Alexander started but I cut him off.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" I shouted at him. "MOLESTING YOU BETA AND GAMMA!? MARKING WITHOUT CONSENT?!"

"I'M SORRY OKAY?!" He screamed back as he walked closer to me. "The Alphas at the meeting kept provoking me and it made us pissed off. They kept saying that I was a pussy and too young to be an Alpha. And that I can't even get my mate to obey me."