14. Mate.

POV Alexander.

After two days I finally healed completely. Dayanara managed to break three of my ribs with one push. I walked up the stairs towards my room. Nodding at one of my warriors but there was no sign of my mate.

'Gabriel, where is Dayanara?' I asked in the mind link.

'She hasn't left your room and there was a warrior placed outside the door.' He replied.

Gabriel and Mateo walked in. "She isn't here." I stated. We searched all around the house but there was no trace of her. Not in her room, not in my room. Not even underneath my desk like the last time.

~~~

After searching for her all day, we didn't find anything. I fell on my bed, clutching her favorite sweater and I sniffed it. I closed my eyes, ready to sleep but then I noticed another heartbeat.

I jumped up and focused my hearing, which led me to my closet. I walked towards the rack with my shirts and hoodies. I pulled them aside and there she was, curled up behind my clothes.

Her eyes snapped to mine and they teared up. "I'm sorry, Alexander. I'm so so sorry." She mumbled as I picked her up. I carried her to my bed and sat down, placing her on my lap.

"I'm okay." I assured, breathing in her scent. "How long have you been in there?"

"Since Gabriel left me alone in the room." She replied, not looking me in the eyes.

"You haven't eaten?!" I growled and she shook her head. I stood up and dragged her down the stairs. I got to the kitchen and started making her French toast.

"Here." I handed it to her. She mumbled a small thanks and started eating. "We're going shopping today."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I want to and we also need groceries." I replied. "So go shower and get dressed."

She nodded and made her way upstairs. I wore blue jeans with a black shirt. Half an hour later, Dayanara was finished.

She was wearing a cropped white hoodie that you're supposed to lace up at the front and high waisted black jeans. With a pair of Adidas sneakers, that Mateo got for her birthday.

~~~

I drove us to the mall and we just walked around for a while. "I swear, it worked." I chuckled as we talked about the pickup lines that Gabriel used.

"I would feel slightly offended." She laughed. "What about you? Give me your best shot."

"Roses are red, violets are blue. I didn't know what perfect was until I met you." It was actually true, she is perfect.

"Are you a magician? Because when I look at you, everyone else disappears." She grinned.

"Are you a Pikachu because you're shockingly beautiful." I smiled.

"Mario is red, Sonic is blue. Press start to join and be my player two." She looked at me.

"You win." I nodded. "You definitely win and because of that, I'll buy you Subway."

"Yes!" She jumped up. "It's been three hours since I last ate."

"Is it already 2 PM?" I said confused. She just nodded and pulled me towards the Subway.

I ordered for both of us while my mate looked for a place to sit. We ate while making a small talk. But not much since we both prefer to eat than to talk.