Chapter 4

Chapter 4: The Attack

I wake up. I'm naked. My eyes are open and I look across the room. I'm laying in the middle of the room in a fetal position naked as the day I was born.

"I thought he was a girl," the guy Fang says, "Did you turn him?"

They don't realize I'm awake. Some of these 'people' are sitting. Some are standing. I sit completely still and barely open my eyes.

"Of course not. I wouldn't bite him," Walid replies and grunts a little bit, "He's far too...feminine. Too skinny. Too weak. That shit blows my mind that he survived."

Walid looks over at his brother. For the first time from the ground I realize how similar Walid and Fang look. They both have tan golden skin. Fang looks a little more African American while Walid looks a little more Native American. They still have similar pink lips, strong physical exteriors and square faces. Out of all of them in the room Fang is the only one who goes close to Walid. The others seem to keep their distances.

"He's a threat to you. We should get rid of him now," Fang replies.

"You want to kill my cousin?" India asks.

Kill? I almost stop breathing.

"Another wolf must have turned him. We all know who..." Walid asked.

I'm not sure what they are talking about. Turn me? I sit completely still too scared to react. It's only a matter of time before all of them turn to India. The look they give her scares me a little bit. Is she in danger? Am I?

I wonder if I can turn and run. I wonder if I can get out of here. I'm not sure it's that serious. I'm not certain if I'm in danger. Walid's brother Fang mentioned killing me.

"He's awake," Professor Timus says, "His breathing is...abnormal."

He can hear my breathing?

All of a sudden all of these people turn to me. They stare down at my naked body. If I was going to make a run for it now is the time. I don't though. I'm too afraid too. I sit up though and notice them staring.

Their eyes weren't normal. Their eyes were...different. Walid's eyes were green and his brother's was the greyish green. India's eyes were hazel. The doctor's eyes were this this orange color. Naomi's eyes were gold and Amina's was a similar color but seemed a little more yellow.

"Your...eyes..."

My mouth is dry. When I try to talk it barely comes out. I'm horrified.

"We wear contacts," India replied.

"Girl...what the FUCK is wrong with your eyes!"

I get up at that moment.

"This queen is going to start screaming," Fang laughs looking at me and crossing his arms.

The others start laughing...all of them except India and the professor. India just crosses her arms. She takes a step towards me. Her hazel eyes are like glitter.

I struggle away kicking at the floor and moving away from my cousin. I don't get it. This can't be my same cousin. How could I have not noticed that she wears contacts?

"We hide our eyes to avoid that kind of reaction," she replies, "With colored contacts. It's ok...they are just eyes."

India reaches towards me. I've never seen her attempt to be calm or gentle. That was what was freaking me out most of all. The way that the Professor knew I was up by "hearing" my breathing freaked me out. The way all their eyes illuminated the dark room reflecting like freaked me out. I felt like I was in a room with a black light and these demon like people were surrounding me.