Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Potential

The black wolf paces towards me. It's neck contorts. It's teeth are sharp. My heart races as the bones start to snap. The cold breeze is at his back. It stares at me with blue eyes. They are almost like ice.

Then out of no where the wolf begins to change. He begins to morph back into human form and I watch with my eyes open. I'm too shocked to get up. I'm too stunned to run. I just watch as the wolf changes. It doesn't invade my space like Walid would have. The wolf shape shifts on the other side of the room. He does it shyly and quietly away from me.

I stare and look at the person the wolf has changed into.

And I recognize him.

"You..." I say.

It's the boy who stares at me in class all the time.

"We've met, before..."

He is just as quiet and shy as he was before. This boy has so much mystery around him. He has all this allure with him. His eyes are icy blue and I watch how he uses the shadows to cover his naked body. Yes. He's a lot different from Walid. He looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes. He must be wearing contacts during the day time as well.

"You're the stray?" I ask.

"My name is Michael Mayorga," he responds.

Mayorga. The name is the same name that Walid uses.

"How have you been able to hide from the pack?" I ask him.

He stands there, "They don't recognize me. I've changed since they've last seen me. I cover my scent..."

Sneaky. He's very sneaky. The coy boy shifts in the shadows. He turns to the side in a shy way as though nervously thinking I'm staring at his naked body. I'm not. I can barely see anything but his face and those mesmerizing blue eyes against tan brown skin. They contrast. He's beautiful. He's handsome. He's mysterious. His lips curl as he talks. As I look at him his white teeth and pink lips stand out the most. He reminds me of Matt Kemp, the baseball player. He looks a lot like him.

All of a sudden it hits me how attractive this boy is...he's the STRAY! He's the one that bit me. He's the one that killed India.

"Walid is coming back any minute," I say.

My voice is shivering even though it's sort of disguised in a threatening way. He stares at the door quietly, coyly. He's so fucking weird...even for a werewolf.

His blue eyes glance back at me. He doesn't move for the door.

"I'm not here to hurt you," he tells me.

It's almost as though he's reading my mind. He knows I'm afraid.

"You killed India?"

He sighs a little bit.

"It's not as simple as you think."

"Murder isn't simple?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "Not with wolves it's not. India attacked me. I defended myself."

He tore her apart. He's not as big as Walid. He's tall though. He's slim. He seems just as dangerous though but not in the same way as Walid. Where Walid's mere size and aggression makes him dangerous, it seems like Mayorga's strange behavior makes him dangerous.

"Why did you bite me?"

"There is so much you don't know..."

"Then tell me."