Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The Wolf's Den

I walk into the gym. Luckily I've searched all around campus for Walid and when I find him it's the exact place that I think he's going to be. He's in the gym.

"You fucking liar!"

My heart races. Tears are in my eyes. I can't believe Walid. I hate him right now. I'm so angry at him. Walid seems a little embarrassed. It's late in the day and he's lifting weights. He is is dripping sweat and completely shirtless. When I walk in the gym I notice Walid doing the flat bench press. His muscles are flexing as he is pushing up what honestly looks like 700 pounds.

Fang is in the room with Walid and is using the free weights. He isn't even bothering to spot Walid as Walid lifts all that weight. He's just sitting there.

The only other person in the gym is some guy on the treadmill who has his earphones in. Still, I'm relatively loud and I don't care. Walid drops the barbell on the floor with a heavy thud.

"What?" he asks.

"Your dog needs a leash," Fang replies.

Fang looks irrirated and defensive. Walid seems just as annoyed with him as I am if not more though. He picks up a weight and throws it at Fang. It hits Fang right in the face and Fang falls to the ground bleeding.

"Shut up," Walid commands him after the attack.

Fang sits there on the floor bleeding. He doesn't look back at Walid. Hell, Fang turns to me of all people and gives the meanest grimace as though I was the cause of him getting hit with the weight. I don't have time to worry about Fang's distaste for me right now. Fuck Fang.

Walid walks over to me and grabs me. He pulls me close hard by my belt until I'm only an inch from his face. He pulls me so hard to him that our lips smack for a moment.

"You have to respect me!" he warns me and then adds in a low whisper, "Especially around my members of my pack."

That's what he is concerned about! His image. I turn to the right to see Fang trying to listen into our conversation. Walid's nosy brother is acting as though he's not but I can tell he wants to hear. So I was planning on giving him a mouthful.

"You killed my brother," I tell Walid.

I'm breathing heavy. I say it loud enough for Walid to hear. By the way Fang looks away it makes me feel like he knows something about this. Maybe Walid's whole pack knows something about it. Maybe they helped Walid kill my brother. Maybe they watched! Maybe he boasted about the act as a way to show his dominance to his pack. Walid always need to be fucking strong! That's all he cares about.

I don't know if I want to cry or fight him. I don't know why I'm so emotional. I had SEX with Walid. Multiple times. Over and over. This is the boy that killed my brother. Mayorga told me earlier in the day and I've spent the day looking for Walid. I wanted to qualify this shit. I want Walid to tell me that Mayorga is fucking lying. I want him to tell me so I can hate Mayorga as much as he does.

Walid's face goes from embarrassed to just awkward.

He turns to his brother, "Get out, Fang. Take the human with you."

Fang looks even more annoyed. He walks over to the man walking on the treadmill. The poor man doesn't see it coming. He grabs the man by the back of his neck. The man almost trips as he is yanked clean off the treadmill in on motion. He screams wondering what's going on but Fang has his grip on him by then. With one hand Fang seems to be showing off his strength as he aggressively carries the unknowing human out of the weight room. Fang slams the door behind him, clearly upset that he has to leave.