The Forest

When Dempsey came to, he opened his eyes slowly, they ached as the last thing he saw was a bright flash of light, he looked around and found that he was no longer in the giant facility, he was instead in a forest laid up against one of many pine trees, he groaned and stood himself back up on his two feet, "Damn it Richtofen, what the fuck have you done now?" he grumbled to himself, of course that crazy German would have something to do with why he was now in a forest, speaking of the man himself, he was nowhere in sight, neither was Nikolai and Takeo, they were gone, Dempsey kept swinging around until he looked at the floor, he found his black, wooden cladded Thompson SMG in the twigs, he checked his green holster and found his M1911 in there as well, he leaned forward and picked his Thompson up off the ground, he pulled out the stick magazine to check it was still loaded, he saw the top two 45.ACP rounds glistening in the moonlight, the mag also felt heavy as well, he pushed it back into the magwell and pulled the round cocking handle on the right side of the gun, with a metallic sound confirming his action, he flicked the safety off and then proceeded to walk into the forest to find the others.

Dempsey was tempted to shout for the others, but he decided that wasn't the best thing to do, of course what if there was more in this forest? The ever apparent threat there could be a bunch of maggot-sacks walking among the branches with him was bigger than ever, he gripped the handle of his Thompson even tighter, prepared for when he would end up in contact with another person or thing, he then heard the sound of twigs breaking near him, he dashed next to another tree and heard the cracking come closer, he then shot out of cover with his Thompson at his waist, pointing his weapon at the threat, there was indeed another person there, but what shocked Dempsey is that it wasn't Richtofen, nor Nikolai, neither Takeo, it was someone new.

The man was holding what looked like an anti-tank rifle to Dempsey, it had a huge muzzle break on the end and was furnished with smooth metal, the rail on top held a red sniper scope and the lower part had what seemed like two large magazines stuck in it, the bolt handle showed it was a bolt-action and itself was positioned behind the trigger, also showing that the gun was a bullpup, the toughness of the weapon couldn't be shared with the man holding it, he looked like a stereotypical nerd with large square glasses, a white buttoned shirt and black trousers, the clothes however looked worse for wear, like the man had gone through hell and back, with some tears and blood all other the cloth, the man's face looked rather scared and the rifle he was holding was shaking to highlight this, they both didn't move, both having a staring contest with each other's weapon locked at each other, Dempsey then tried to say something, but the magazine then fell out of the man's rifle in a comical way, he quickly scurried on the floor to pick it up and then jammed it back into its respective magwell, Dempsey was trying hard not to smile at the funny sight, "you thinks that's funny eh!" the man screamed with a pathetically high voice, trying to act tough despite failing badly at that, "hey calm down man, you don't have to act like a tough guy" Dempsey said, trying to at least get somewhere with him, he tried to walk forward but the man then thrusted his gun slightly forward, just to show he wanted distance, "you can stay right there!" he squeaked again, Dempsey just signed, "look, I don't know who you are, but by the looks of it you have been killing zombies, and I have as well, were both in this shit together, so just put your gun down and we'll try and sort this out, okay?" he tried to reason, but before the nerd could react, there was more rustling, the two men then turned to see a third appear before them.

This other man however again, wasn't someone Dempsey recognized, and by judging that the nerd was also surprised to see him, neither did him, the other man wore what looked like a blue shirt and over it, grey coloured body-armour with a small label with 'SECURITY' written on it, his trousers were of a grey colour and he had some brown boots on his feet, to top it all off, a blue cap which bared a white and red insignia, in his rather muscular hands was of course a weapon, but what surprised Dempsey was that it looked like his Thompson, except it was white and had a more futuristic look, he saw printed on the side the characters 'G.R. ARMAMENT', however the man had said gun pointed at them both, Dempsey and the nerd in return pointed their guns back, however, Dempsey kept the nerd in his vision to make sure he didn't try anything funny, "who the hell are you?" the security man asked, with a southerner accent in his voice, "were asking the same question" Dempsey replied, "we?" the nerd questioned, sounding rather irritated, "well, did you two come in a group of four?" Dempsey asked, both the nerd and the security man seemed to agree with that statement, "well, I did too, we all have friends out there, so I say we put our guns down, we promise not to kill each other, and we go looking" Dempsey suggested, lowering his Thompson in the process, the security man did the same and after a while, the nerd also lowered his weapon, "well where go we go from here?" the security man said, "I suggest, we'll... pick any direction and walk I guess" the nerd planned.