Swan's In The Pipe

Misty finally came around after a few moments of silence in the cavern, raising her head from the surface she was lying flat on, her stomach contacting the cold, she grunted as the painful ache was ever so present in her bones, "uugh, damn... ow" she grimaced, as she struggled to move her body from the pain induced stiffness, however she looked down and found what she was lying on, Lilith, with the front of her jacket slightly covered in concrete dust, "oh shit! Lil, you okay?" Misty asked for reassurance, Lilith then opened her eyes wide with them looking around, "I can't feel anything below my neck" she said worried, "oh shit that ain't good" Misty then started to panic, but Lilith then groaned and squeezed her eyes shut as she was then able to bend her back, "ugh! No, there it is" she then reassured, managing to sit up and rub her head, "what the hell happened?" she asked the farmer, Misty managed to get back up on her two feet, the soreness being magnified by the pressure on her feet as she bent over to the feeling, having her hands on the front of her legs to prop her upper body up as she groaned, "fuck, I think we fell down a large hole" she replied, "you okay though?" Lilith then said seeing her in her position, Misty then looked at herself, "bones, check, organs, check, gun, check, boobs, check, yeah I'm good" she said checking all her vitals, however a shout from above caught their attention, they both looked up to see a web of metal and rebar slicing up the rays of light coming into the space they were in, they had hoped it was only a few feet down, but now it seemed that they were much lower than that, the walls of the hole must have been at least twenty feet high, and the sun looked much further away, "HEY! YOU ALIVE!?" Dempsey's voice called down again, wanting an answer, "yeah where fine" Misty called back up, "fucking hell we thought you were dead for a sec" he replied back, "hey Lily? You okay?" Decker then cut in, "I'm fine as well Decker" Lilith reassured her partner, "what the hell is it like down there?" Lennox asked them both, just as Lilith stood up and started to walk around, Misty looked around and found that they were in some kind of maintenance room, seeing the chemicals on some shelves and the musty atmosphere, it didn't look too clean, "is there a way out anywhere? we won't be able to get you out this way" the Sentinel trooper added on, "I don't know..." Misty guessed, "hey I found a door!" Lilith then shouted, Misty turned to see her trying to pry open a rusted door, however her fingers slipped and there was a slight crack of keratin, Lilith hissed and saw the nail of her thumb now shortened from the action, "shit, broke a nail" she grimaced at her pedicure was tarnished, "Lil, should we be more worried about a nail?" Misty just whined, moving her aside as she worked at the door herself, Lilith didn't reply, Misty being more use to manual labour compared to her counterpart managed to get the door open, past the door was what seemed like a long tunnel, with corrugated metal coating the walls and a small layer of dirt on the floor, "we found a tunnel out, but I don't know where it goes" Misty walked back to the hole and called back up, "okay, before you go through grab this" Lennox said, he reached into a pocket in his orange suit and pulled out a small box with an antenna sticking out, he dropped it down the hole and it bounced off the jagged rocked a few times, it came to rest in front of Misty's feet, "it's a transponder, we'll be able to track your movements underground from the surface, don't lose it!" Lennox advised as she picked it up.

After the two women had composed themselves and Misty had latched the transponder to her belt they had walked through the door and into the darkness, Misty took point and turned on the flashlight mounted on her Remington's foregrip and lit up the environment, they saw another door just in front of them, Misty grabbed its handle as Lilith had the barrel of her rifle pointed at the opening gap as Misty pulled the door open, with it being clear on the other side they both walked through, they immediately felt the ground getting damp under their feet, they had just walked into a junction as two different routes presented themselves, the tube was now larger and was covered in concrete, they both deducted they had to be in a sewer, Misty chose the left direction and Lilith didn't object, she just tagged along behind as they started walking again, "urgh, this place just looks disgusting" Lilith grimaced at the dirty walls, "after working on a farm for most of my life, I'm use to it" Misty replied to her comment, "now I wish I was back in a server room, not in some magical world" Lilith then said, Misty just hummed and they continued walking, "no, actually if I was in a magical world, I would like to be sunbathing, cocktail in hand, in a tight swimsuit, on my own goddamn private yacht" she continued to rant, "oh just so you can seduce Decker even more?" Misty then teased, Lilith sighed "and that's coming from the person who has her D-sized bust on show for her nerdy crush" she quipped, Misty blushed again just like last time, "now you're just trying to compensate for your small chest now aren't you" she shot back, "hey, I am a C-cup for your information, it's just I'm wearing tight clothing, and I'm a bit on the smaller end" Lilith then defended herself sharply, "riiiiight" Misty rolled her eyes to that answer, however they both realized the rather inappropriate tone of their rather feminist conversation, "isn't it weird where both arguing about the size of our breasts in a sewer?" Misty then mentioned, "err yeah, that conversation just happened" Lilith bluntly replied, "well at least be glad the boys aren't around, or anyone else for that matter" Misty joked to herself as they continued to walk through the pipes to an unfound exit.