하나

•••

We looked back, and Minho wasn't behind us.

Like he said he'd be.

The four of us waited, desperately.

But he never came back.

I should've tried harder.

"Junseo, it's not your fault." Jinhwan said.

"I should've tried harder. I could've called more people for backup, but instead I decided to play around." I hissed.

"Who would've you have called, huh?"

"I don't know! Anyone!" I said frustratingly. "Now some fucking mafia has one of my one and only friends."

"There was nothing we could do Junseo. I believe in that guy, even if I'm not close with him. He will come back."

"What if he doesn't?! It'll be my fault." I said.

"We're all injured, and hurting, so please calm down!" Jinhwan raised his voice.

"We don't have time to blame ourselves." Bobby said. "We have to make sure we don't die first."

"Help..." Jinhwan suddenly muttered.

I grabbed his falling body. "Jinhwan? What's wrong??"

"I think I'm bleeding too much." He whispered. "We have to go."

My heart ached, seeing someone else I cared about hurt. "Fuck."

"There's a hospital close, we might make it." Bobby said, before walking and me following after.

•••

My eyes opened, revealing a brightly lit room I was in. Was that a dream?

I glanced to the side and saw my friends, laying on the hospital beds, I conscious. I guess not.

"I'm glad you're awake." A voice said.

I saw the nurse and nodded. "Are they okay?"

"Yes, although the the two boys will need extra care, since their injuries were harsher." She said. "I will leave you to rest more now." Then the nurse left, without any questions.

I sighed and laid my head on the pillow.

Where would he be? What would they do to him?

I shuddered, thinking about those men torturing Minho, who sacrificed himself for us.

I couldn't believe his promise.

Out of the entire world, where could he be? And how would he come back to us?

But it's Minho. I have to have hope.

Otherwise, the burden of knowing I could've done more would torture me.

I sat up quietly, wincing at the pain in my stomach. It wasn't that bad, I wished I had gotten stabbed rather than Jinhwan.