Chapter 2

Poseidon's pov
I swept through the castle making my way towards the throne room. Servants scurried out of the way and many were whispering about the small mortal looking infant in my arms. I blatantly ignored their questioning gazes and pushed open the doors to the throne room were I found my wife and heir, in the middle of a conversation.

At the sound of my entrance both of their heads shot up to look at me. Tension leaked into the room almost immediately, Amphitrite looked up at me with a confused expression. It only took a few seconds for her to piece together the situation and her face quickly morphed into one of anger. I didn't miss the brief flash of hurt in her eyes that sent a stab of guilt through my chest.

"WHAT is th....." she started furiously but stopped when Percy started to wail. His cry's were heartbreaking, as his face turned red form lack of breath.

My wife bite her lip looking from me to my infant child, she took a few steps forward to stand right in front of me. She stared at me and then turned her gaze to Percy, her look was cold but softened as she continued to gaze at the baby.

" Let me see him,"Amphitrite demanded in an even tone, void of an emotion.

I hesitated before a glare from my wife got me moving. Slowly I passed Percy to Amphitrite, watching every action that was happening carefully. When Percy was nestled in my wife's arms he quieted down, turning his tear stained face towards her. Percy had a thin layer of air surrounding him keeping him dry and allowing the tears to slid down his face. It's was a result of my magic, everyone who was a decedent of mine had this ability. All inanimate objects under the sea also had a layer of oxygen surrounding them, this helped things like soup stay in the bowl.

I stood for a moment taking in the picture of my wife and youngest child before everything hit me full force. Sally was dead, my child had no mother and it was all because of my good for nothing brother. I didn't realize I was crying until Amphitrite wiped away a tear with a delicate finger. I gave her a small smile and watched as she took a step back allowing Triton to walk up to Perseus.

My heir poked the small baby in the stomach watching in awe as Percy giggled and clapped his hands. After a few minutes I lifted the baby back up and looked at the infant in my hands, watching as his eye lids dropped a bit.

"We will talk about this more in the morning." I then turned and left, trying to flea the room before my emotion really got out of hand. Making my way to my sleeping chambers I couldn't help but thank the fates that at least Percy was safe.