Chapter 8

Percy is now 4
3rd POV
Poseidon stared down at the small body, his figure tense. Jaw set, eyes narrowed, and fists ready to fight.

Amphitrite laid a delicate hand on his shoulder but the sea King was to wrapped up in his own web of thoughts to register the gesture. Instead he continued to sit there, sit there and wait.

The small figure shifted and shivered, kicking his chubby legs around. Hoping to find an escape from the attack on his body. His checks were painted a dusty rose, his breathing sounded hard, like he had to force each breath out.

Triton bursted into the room, throwing the heavy coral doors into the wall. His sharp eyes were immediately drawn to the small fragile body, Percy. He did a quick scan of the room, noting how rigid his father sat and how tears made a constant stream down his mother's slim face. There were two of the best doctors under the sea and a single nurse also present in the room, three guards were scattered in various places throughout quarter and three more stood guard outside of the door.

Percy's sharp intake of breath drew everyone's attention back to his baby face. One doctor walked over to the cot, gently grabbed the toddlers wiggling arm and proceeded to put in an IV, tapping it down when he was finished.

Percy lazily blinked his eyes staring up at his father. Poseidon smiled, small and tight but still a smile, and started to run his fingers through the toddlers hair. A frown appeared on the god's face as he felt the heat rolling off of Percy. The rosy checks just added another indicator of a fever. Poseidon's heart was beating a mile a minute and it had been ever sense he had found his youngest child passed out on the floor of his room.

(Flashback to earlier that day)

It was a lazy day, there were no pressing meetings or jam packed schedules. Non of the gods had questioned when Percy wasn't at the breakfast table right on time. Poseidon had decided that the toddler could sleep in seeing as he didn't have any lessons that day. About an hour and a half later Poseidon decided that he wasn't going to let his youngest completely sleep the day away.

The sea King walked briskly to his sons quarters. He approached the coral door of the young prince's room in no time. With one hand Poseidon pushed open the door ready to unleash the tickle monster on the child.

However, his face fell quickly adopting a confused scowl, there was no small human in the bed. The confused father scanned the room and made his way closer to the bed. Poseidon was deep in thought thinking of all of the places the little rascal could be when his foot got caught and the King almost took a tumble. Poseidon couldn't help the animalistic sound that clawed its way out of his throat when his eyes landed on the tripping culprit.

Sea green eyes stared down at an identical pair. In a flash Poseidon was on his knees assessing the damage. Percy laid in a pathetic puddle on the floor, he was wrapped up in a blue blanket and looked like he had been there for awhile. His father hastily brought Percy into his lap. Noting how pale his skin was and the tears of pain that trekked down his checks.

The sea god placed his hand over the toddlers face. Shielding his innocent eyes from his true form as he teleported them to the infirmary. He caused about five doctors a heart attack when he suddenly appeared in the infirmary.

After that the medical professionals took his child and kicked their King out, telling him to wait and let them do their job. Poseidon put his head in his hands, wondering what had happened to his little boy.

A servant who had witnessed the chaos quickly sent word to the Queen. Triton, who was out talking with local law enforcers, would be informed shortly after. After hearing the about the horrible event Amphitrite rushed to her youngest son side. Finding the infirmary doors closed and her distraught husband out side.

The couple waited patiently for around an hour before the infirmary door started to freak open. Out stepped a mermaid, her coat showing off her status as a doctor.

"My lord and lady," she bowed her head before snapping it back up and continuing on, "The young prince has been stabilized, however, we are still unable to pinpoint what has caused the derail of his health."

"Can we see him?" The couple wasn't quite sure which one of them chocked that put.

The doctor smiled and gestured to the now open door. Trailing in after the royal couple passed her.

(End of flashback)

I might go back in and switch some things around in this chapter but I felt like I needed to update. I should have another chapter up soon because I now have quite a few ideas as to where I want to take this story.