Chapter 13

3rd POV
Poseidon stood there bitting his lip, he felt like a young child who got caught red handed. Apollo was looking at him with raised eyebrows expecting an explanation as to why there was a toddler in the sea palace.

"He's my son," Poseidon mumbled out with wide eyes, just saying those words to another being made his anxiety spike.

"I gathered that much," Apollo had an unfazed mask over his facial expressions, "what I want to know is why?"

"Why what?" The sea king was confused, what was his nephew exactly asking of him?

"I know why he was born, because you fucked up," The words held a bite, as if Apollo was frustrated with the older god. "But that doesn't explain why the kid is living with you."

"I couldn't leave him out there in the mortal works all alone. Zeus," Poseidon took a breath, trying to gather up all of his emotions, "Zeus killed her, he killed Sally."

The sun god took in the new information, assuming 'Sally' most have been the child's mortal mother. He knew his father could be cruel, but to kill a mortal just for having a baby with his brother was a new low.

"What's his name?" Apollo asked softly, not wanting to set off the distraught father.

"Perseus, but he usually just goes by Percy," Poseidon looked up meeting the younger god's eyes as he uncovered more about his secret child.

A sudden urge to see his baby seized him and he moved quickly to walk around Apollo and get to the door. He pushed open the slab of wood before entering the bed chamber of his youngest child. To his surprise his wife was already seated on the bed with Percy curled up pressed against her side. The sea queen looked up from where she was gazing at her baby to see her husband, Triton, and Apollo all entering to room. Poseidon approached the bed, first leaning down to kiss his queen before resting his hand onto Percy's cheek.

The demigod was still rather pale and an IV continued to pump liquid into his blood stream, however, his breathing was definitely not as labored as before and his skin wasn't as hot to the touch. Triton felt a smile slip onto his face as he took in the relieved expressions of his parents, he also stepped forward to the bed in order to join the rest of his family in their moment fo peace.

Apollo stood a few feet back and didn't make a sound as the family sat there just embracing each other's presences. He felt as if he was witnessing a moment that he was not meant to see. He gave the little group a few minutes to bask in the moment before he cleared his throat and disturbed the silence. Three sets of eyes snapped up to scan to the Sun god.

"So as I said before Percy should be back to health with a couple days of rest," Apollo felt nerves crawling through him at the intimating gazes of the three sea royals.

Amphitrite nodded her head before smiling and stating, "thank you."

Apollo returned her smile, feeling more at ease now that the three gods were not just staring at him. A soft sigh broke the trance between the immortals, they all looked to the bed to see the small toddler stirring.

Big sea green eyes opened then close abruptly, trying to blink the sluggishness out of them. The first thing that Percy took on were the three figures looming above him. He blinked once more before he was able to make out the faces of his family members.

Triton acted fast and swooped down to give his brother a big hug before his parents beat him to it.

"Tri," Percy's bubbly voice echoed through the room.

The heir let go of Percy and let his father and mother embrace their young child. The three sea gods backed away from the bed slightly, allowing the healing god to approach the toddler. Percy turned his bright eyes onto the new comer, tilting his head slightly as he didn't recognize the new god.

Apollo sat down at the end of the bed smiling at Percy.

"Hi Percy," Apollo started trying to not frighten the young demigod, "I'm Apollo and your father called me down here to help you feel better."

The sun god paused waiting for Percy to digest what he had just said before continuing, "So how do you feel?"

Percy scrunched up his eyebrows as if considering the question, "tired" he nodded his head before adding, "floaty?" as if he was asking the others how he felt.

Apollo just made a mental note of his answer before he stood up to move closer to Percy. He then proceeded to take his pulse, check his breathing, look for any leftover poison, and more routine check points.

After each step the blonde god would nod his head before jotting the the information down of his clipboard. The whole ordeal took about ten minutes and the royal family just sat and watched the god work. Percy on the other hand could not stop moving, he was fidgeting the entire time. The demigod had so much pent up energy and he was way past the point of just laying still.

Apollo chuckled as he finished up with the exam. The kid was definitely adorable, the sun god would give him that. He waved his hand into the air as he walked over to the IV pole, within a second a clear bad filled with blue liquid appeared. Apollo placed the bag onto the hook before attaching another IV line to the toddler's arm. The blonde god tapped it down and he tally removed Percy's hand when the baby tried to mess with it.

Apollo smiled at the kid, he turned to look at the confused faces of the three other gods, "This just a slight sedative, it should held calm his nerves and prevent him from trying to run around the whole palace before he is fully well."

The sea royals all mad ohh faces at the explanation as the witnesses Percy's unrest-fullness start to quell.  At the sight of Percy finally settling in Apollo made a move to leave, that is before he felt a slight tug on the edge of his sleeve.

Apollo turned looking at the disturbance that halted his departure, there Percy was with his little hand grasping the fabric of the sun god's shirt.

"ollo stay?" big sea green eyes were trained on the god.

Of course Apollo had no other choice but to sit back down and stay.

wow another update, and yes I did write this a tire thing this morning so if there is anything wrong please tell me so I can fix it. hope you liked this chapter and a couple of people were asking for apollo to bond with percy and i think that would be so cute so i think i'm going to make apollo like percy's big brother, but tell me what you think of the
that idea.