THE BEGINNING

Destiny

"Destiny! You have company!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

I'm getting up now!" I shouted back. I really wasnt in the mood to arise yet, but I guess I wont be getting any shut eye.

My long-time relationship with Greys anatomy needed me. I spent a total of ten hours binging starting from season one yesterday.

Something about that Meredith Grey spoke to me, she was bold, gorgeous and a damn good surgeon. That mixed with the drama of the other surgeons brought the characters to life. I could only hope half of this was real.

Today was special however, I turn seventeen, I know that's not the legal age, but to me it was extraordinary because this year I attended an exclusive Gala with my parents.

Everyone in attendance entailed they acquired some sort of superior success in life than your average joe. An occasion pertaining to the wealthy, flaunting their financial achievements to one another.

I didnt bother about the money I was after the experience.

I recall seeing my mother get ready for her and my fathers first ever Gala. She looked so beautiful but nervous, it was her first time being one of the elites and the excitement drove her mad. She had a total of three-bathroom visits right before they left that night.

My father was a specialist in computer science and in the latest years his program skyrocketed to the big leagues getting the attention of many wealthy men. Meaning his circle expanded to new and influential persons.

"Thanks, Mrs. Walker but I know my way around I could make out the voice of the visitor straightaway, David was finally here to see me.

Throwing the blanket back, I lean over to the side table looking at my reflection in the mirror. I wanted to look presentable when he came inside.

David wouldnt care if I resembled a potato, however. We had been such close friends since grade school, hed seen me in my most vulnerable moments in life making sure I was okay.

His charm and his looks got him far with each female he pursued but with me it was his attentiveness. He knew all the signs as he was very aware of my emotions. I admired the way he took considered me.

A single knock sounded at the door before he burst inside as if he owned the place.

Honey, Im home! He shouted, he swiftly made way inside locking the door behind him. His energy was bright, and his grin beamed my way. That same grin I fell in love with eight years ago.

I was a reck.

"David, why do you do this" I sigh.

He's just trying to scare the living shit out of my mom. Being in the same room with no supervision with a boy drove my mom crazy but when said boy locks the door on his way in making those announcements, I knew my mom wanted to pull her hair out.

She gave me my privacy as she trusted me to do the right thing but that doesnt mean she didnt worry.

"Your mom knows I love her" he chuckles amused by his actions.

"Well, I don't think it's funny that you run her mind wild" I say to him, annoyed at how he tends to tease her.

"It's our little game we play," he says claiming the spot next to me.

He settles in staring at me in complete silence for thirty excruciating seconds until I feel my face get hot.

I can't take it when he looks at me like that, he doesn't know that he drives mind completely insane! He does it anyway.

"Hey" he says almost in a whisper.

"Yeah" I respond.

" Who am I" he questions with a smirk.

His hands fondle inside of his jean pocket pulling out a small yellow bag. I quickly sat up wondering what it could be.

"Say it" he demands with a serious tone rather than his usual playfulness.

"Say what?" I asked. I knew exactly what he wanted from me, but I refused to say it.

Destiny

"No way it's my birthday you obey me remember" I snapped. I didnt quite enjoy this little game of his. He always thought he was the boss of me because he was three years my senior but who cares Im practically grown now. Im not some little girl anymore.

"I paid for it so say it" he snapped back, I realized we would do this all day if I didn't do what he asked.

Here goes nothing.

"David you are my best friend in the whole wide world. I love you so much, did I mention how hot you look in that shirt omg!" I say sarcastically but it was like music to his ears to hear those silly words.

He handed over the bag smiling while I dug out the present. I reach inside pull out a velvet red box.

I look up at him as he stares back with excitement gesturing for me to open it, undoing the box, my eyes widening, taking in the most beautiful thing I ever seen.

How much does this cost?

Are these real diamonds?

"Told you I'm the best " he says breaking me from my thoughts.

"I don't know what to say this is-wow" I fumble over my words staring and admiring every detail of the gorgeous necklace.

"I know right! I think I deserve an award for this, dont you think?" opening his arms I without hesitation throw my body to his hugging him close to me.

"Thank you, So, So, much, I love you!" I say to snuggle him tighter.

Knock* knock*

We both turned to the door.

"Come in" I yell out noticing that they didn't in the first place.

"I would if the door wasn't locked" A familiar voice sounds out.

David gets up and goes to unlock the door, in walked Sara, with her long and full blonde hair paired with her striking blue eyes. She was beautiful, no doubt about it, but it was just something about her I never warmed up to.

" Hey, you two know that Mrs. Walker is freaking out downstairs " she says.

David and I share a knowing look and laugh.

It's our inside joke, only we knew why my mom was freaking out downstairs.

"Hey, you" she turns to face David with a smile, the sight of it makes my stomach tighten. Witnessing the man, I love, and his girlfriend together is enough to make me sick.

"Hey" he replied. Wasting no time, he smashes his perfect plump lips onto hers.

I couldnt take this anymore.

"Get a room you two" I snap at them.

"Leave and we can have yours" David snaps back.

This earns him a slap on the arm from Sarah and a pillow straight to the face from me.

"You said get a room " he complains.

" I didn't say mine you creep" I laugh at his now confused face.

"Whatever, we'll see you tonight and party at my place afterwards," he says holding onto Sarah's waist.

"Why" I ask.

"Because I don't want to end my night off with a bunch of old rich fucks. I want to party, and itll be disrespectful if got drunk and groped Sarah in front of everyone" he says in a duh tone.

I roll my eyes and agree to the after party he has plans for.

"Lets go Sarah since we can't have Destiny's room we can go to mine, bye destiny " he says and turns towards the door walking out and leaving me once again alone in my room but this time happy thoughts.

I cannot wait for tonight now I have to find the perfect dress for this necklace.
**************

Vote, comment, share