Chapter 2. Scars

We stopped at the busstation and i was completely out of breath from running so hard. Jesy laughed at me. "Girl, you should work out some times."

I giggled. "Jes, come on, you're talking about me. The only workout you will ever be seeing from me is when i run to the McDonalds." 

Jes laughed with me. "True, very true. Alright, we got about 50 minutes before the signing starts. I didn't expect you to keep a copy of his CD with you at all times, sooo i  stopped by at a music shop and look.." she held up a copy of Chaos And The Calm. 

"Oh my god Jesy, you really thought this through haven't you?!" I exclaimed. 

"Yup, everything for my girl! You can thank me later." She said proudly, looking quite proud of herself. I smiled at her. "Thank you for doing this, i love you so much."

"I knooow!" She said. "Let's go, we're here."

Ohmygod i can't believe i'll be meeting James! Holy shit. My dream is finally coming true!  We got at the music shop where James would be signing in about 20 minutes. I got more and more nervous. I started to shake a little and Jes noticed.

"Val, it will be okay, i promise. He is going to love you!"  I looked up at het. "You think so?" She smiled and put her arm around my shoulder. "I know so, i mean, who couldn't love you? You're the sweetest person ever!"  My family i thought. "Cheer up babe! You're meeting your idol!" And at that thought a smile grew on my face.  "Thats better! Let's go!"

Luckily we came right on time. We were one of the first in line and 10 minutes later the line grew longer and longer.  It was almost our turn when Jesy's phone went off.

"Fuck, it's my little sister, mom's drunk again. V, babe, im sooo sorry but i have to go! I do not want Jade to get dragged into her shit." I hugged her. "It's okay, Jes! Just make sure you and Jade are save.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine, i'll text you. Have fun with your future boyfriend!" She winked, gave me the CD and began to ran. 

Without Jesy's company i began to feel more and more nervous.  I was starting to feel a bit nauseous when i got close enough to see James' hat. I could still leave. I considered the thought. No, not after what Jesy's done for me.

"Your turn." Security guard said. I took a deep breath and walked inside. James looked up at me and showed a breathtaking smile. My god he was gorgeous.

"Hello love, how are you today?" He said in his lovely British accent. I held my breath. Wait? Did he just call me love? Oh my god!"

"H-hi, i'm f-fine thank you." I stuttered like an idiot. He just grinned. "Don't be nervous, no need for that."  I blushed and handed over my CD.  He signed it and asked me what my thoughts were of the album.

"It's amazing, i've never heard anything like this. Your voice is so pure, raw and soothing, and yeah i loved it." I said, noticing i was rambling turning more red than i already was.

James smiled and again my heart stopped. "I'm so glad to hear that darling, thank you it really means alot to me. What's your name?" He asked. "Valerie" i said.

Then unfortunately my time was up. James took my hand and kissed it. "Bye Valerie, it was great to meet you." He said. "You too, bye!" I mumbled shyly.

Once i got outside i realised what just happened. I met James Bay. He called me darling, he kissed my hand. Ohmygod. Then i started to cry

After a while i pulled myself together and a smile grew on my face as the scene of me meeting him replayed in my head over and over again.

My thoughts got interrupted by a pair of hands grabbing my waist. "And where do you think you're going gorgeous?

"I don't think that's none of your business sir, now kindly get your hands off of me."

"Playing hard to get, eh? Well i can play just as nasty." He pushed me roughly against the wall and began sucking my neck roughly. He smelled of alcohol and weed.

Disgusted, i pushed him away, but he was stronger. "Now, now kitten, don't be mean." He pushed my hands above my head and taped them with ducktape against the wall. 

Then he began to undo my jeans and stuck his hand in my panties. I began to cry when i realised i was powerless. "Please, please stop!" The man pushed a finger inside of me and i screamed in pain.

"Stop? Oh sweetheart, i'm just getting started. He said as he undid his trousers and dropped them along with his boxers. I began to scream louder. He slapped me. "If you want this to be painless then shut the fuck up, bitch."

He pulled my jeans and panties down and just as he was about to penetrate me, he got pulled off of me.

"The girl said stop, mate, and if you know whats good for you, you won't show your fucking face around here ever again!" I heard a familiar voice. James. Oh my god. 

The man growled, pulled up his trousers and ran away.

I felt my savior pull up my trousers and underwear, then he ripped the tape of my hands. I hid my face in embarrassment.

Hands pulled mine from my face and i looked straight into James concerned eyes.  "Are you alright love?" He asked softly. I shook my head no and started to sob.

"Come here, darling, it's okay, he's gone, shh come here." He said as he pulled me into his arms.   "Did he hurt you?" He asked pulling away a little to look in my eyes. I nodded. "Where did he touch you, sweetheart?" He asked pushing strands of hair out of my face

I cried harder. "Down there." He cursed and pulled me close to him again. He stroke my hair as i cried into his chest. I got myself too worked up that i began to feel sick.

I quickly pulled away from him, dropped on my knees and began to dry heave. James knelt beside me and rubbed my back. "When was the last time you ate love?" He asked when i was done.

"Yesterday at lunch." I whispered. He drew in a breath and carefully helped me up. "Then we've got to get you something to eat, don't we?" He said sweetly and winked.

"That's nice of you to offer but honestly, i'm not feeling very hungry right now, i feel really sick." 

"I don't care, you need some food in your system right now." He said sternly. I gave in and agreed.

I started to feel lightheaded and i swayed. He caught me immediately. "Woah, easy, easy, i've got you." I slowly felt darkness taking over. "I don't feel good."  James placed one hand under my knees and the other around my back, carefully lifing me in his arms.  "I'm going to take care of you darling, don't worry." Were the last words i heard before i passed out.

I woke up with a horrible headache and nausea. I looked around noticing i was not in my room. I started to panick and cry.

"Valerie? What's wrong? Hey, shh, it's okay you're save, i promise. I'm so sorry love, i didn't mean to make you feel confused and scared. I took you to my hotelroom" James came over to me and held me safely in his arms and started to rock back and forth.

He stroked my hair which calmed me down a bit. "How are you feeling?" He whispered. He looked down at me with such caring and loving eyes. "I feel sick." I answered weakly. He gently rubbed my back. "I still want you to try and eat darling. You are way too light."

I nodded. "O-okay, i'll try." James smiled, took my hand in his and lead me to the living room. The smell of chinese food overwhelmed me and almost made me throw up. I scooped up a very small portion of some things. I managed to eat all of if, but James encouraged me to eat at least a little more. "I can't" i said, dropping my fork and running to the bathroom, James following.

I dropped on my knees and emptied my stomach in the toilet. James knelt beside me, holding back my hair and rubbing my back.

"Im so sorry, i shouldn't have forced you. I only intented to help you feel better." He said. I smiled weakly at him. "I know, it's okay. Thank you for caring."  He smiled back and carefully lifted me in his arms and carried me to his bed.

"I think you should get some sleep now. You look exhausted." He laid me down and pulled the covers over me. He laid down next to me and began to sing Stealing Cars. His soothing voice bringing me to sleep.