Chapter 6. Running

I woke up the following day noticing James was gone. I found a note next to me.

Morning Val,
Sorry, i really had to leave for an interview. Managements been going crazy for the last few hours. Here's my number so call me if you have any troubles.  X James

Even though i was a little disappointed, i was still greatful he ditched his own priorities to stay with me. 
I saved his number in my phone and sent him a quick text.

Thank you for staying with me. I really appreciate it.  X Valerie

The door opened and Jesy and a doctor came in.

"I think you're ready to leave the hospital as long as you take it easy for the next couple weeks. Your head still might feel a little sensitive so i suggest you take a few weeks off before going back to school." He told me.  I nodded and thanked him.

Jesy gave me a back with some clean clothes. "Since your current clothes aren't very presentable and i absolutely couldn't show up at your house to ask some clothes for you, i got some of mine. But don't worry, i picked the least trashy outfit. I hope." She said sheepishly. 

I groaned, knowing her outfits were a bit.... explicit. I carefully got out, grabbed my crutches and hopped to the bathroom to change in some black skinny jeans, a leather jacket, a see through mash top and a black sportsbra. I held it up and looked at Jesy questionably.

"Oh, yeah, that goes under the mesh up shirt. It's like a fashion thing nowadays. It looks kinda hot." She shrugged.

"Not something i would wear on a casual day but i guess this will have to do for now." I sighed.

I put on the clothes and studied myself in the mirror. It didn't look that bad but it still made me feel uncomfortable.

Jesy's eyes grew wide when she noticed me. Wooow, you look better in those then i do!" I rolled my eyes. "No, i don't. I look like a college girl who tries to be a slut but fails miserably, no offense to you, but this just isn't me."

Jesy shook her head, ignoring my comment. "No seriously, you look hot. James won't be able to take his eyes off you." She teased with a grin.

I threw my pillow at her. "Oh shut up!" I laughed. "I'm probably not his type and he is like what? 27? He's a lot older then me!" 

She huffed. "So bloody what if he's 10 years older! He seems to me a lovely sweet guy who knows how to treat his girl. The way he held you yesterday, the endearments, it was clear to see he cares a lot for you. After all the shit you've been through, you finally get the love you deserve."

I heard a sound coming from my phone and i saw that James texted me back.

No problem, love! Couldn't leave you there all by yourself hurt and scared. I'm glad to to be able to help you through everything. Heard you were released from hospital. Some lunch sound good to you? At about 15:00 at Starbucks on______ street? (Can't make up a name lol)

I smiled and texted him back.

Sure, sounds good, i'll be there! X

"Why are you being all smiley, girl?" Jesy asked suspiciously. I looked up. "Oh, uhm, well, James asked me to meet up for lunch."

She grinnend. "He's totally into you, Val!"

I huffed. "No he isn't. He is just being friendly, Jes, that's all." She just laughed. "Whatever you say, V, whatever you say!"

We left the hospital and i figured i absolutely could not meet James in these clothes so Jesy and i did some shopping. We visited Forever 21.

"V, look at this, i think this would suit you amazing! She held up a cute blue floral dress. I thought it was kinda cute,  Jes helped me into the dress since it was kinda hard for me with my ankle.