Chapter 7. Get Out While You Can

The taxi dropped me off at the adressAdam gave me. I paid him and got out. The first thing I noticed was how big Adams house was. I hopped on the veranda and rang the bell. A couple seconds later the door opened and I was engulfed in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, Valerie, are you alright? You freaked me out when you called me." I dropped my crutches and hugged him back.

"Hospital released me today so I'm at the beginning of the proces to recovery but I'll be fine."

Adam picked up my crutches and helped me inside. I sat down on the couch en he gently pulled me to him, wrapping his arm around me.

"Want to talk about it, hon? Don't bottle things up."

I shook my head. "I don't really feel like talking about it right now, if you don't mind."  He rubbed my arm. "That's okay. I'm here when you're ready." 

"Thanks." I smiled and  Adam returned it. "No problem. I'll always help you out, you know that. So, are you hungry? The food you got there must have been too gross to eat." 

"No thanks, just water is okay." He frowned. "You sure? Don't mind me saying this but you're getting very skinny. You're not purposely losing weight are you?" He asked concerned.

"No of course not. I'm just not very hungry." He didn't agree with me but fortunately let it slip.

A few seconds later Adam got back with my glass of water and sat next to me again. "So, who's this boy you've been talking too, hmm?" He asked raising one eyebrow.

"You wouldn't believe me." I said. "Try me." Adam responded. So I began to tell my story.

"Okay well a couple of weeks ag0, Jesy took me to a CD signing of my favorite musician, James Bay.."

"..he's the one with the long hair and hat, right? The Let It Go guy?"

"Yup, so we were waiting in a queue and right before it was our turn, Jes had to leave. Some drama with her family, so i had to go on my own. I met him, he signed my CD and was very gentle and sweet. After the signing I walked out, I was on my way home when some filthy scumbag grabbed me and tried to rape me."

"Oh my god, baby!" Adam gasped and pulled me closer.

"It's okay, he didn't succeed because James walked in on us and pulled him off of me and beat him into a bloody pulp. Then i passed out and he took me to his hotelroom."

"Woah, wait what?" Adam exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know it sounds absurd but it really happened. But it gets even more weird.
Couple weeks later, yesterday to be exact, I went to his show, my parents tracked me and started to beat me till i got this." I gestured to my ankle. James found me AGAIN and took me to the hospital."

I felt Adam's arms tightened around me when I mentioned my parents beating the crap out of me.

"Why did you never tell me? I could have gotten you out of that hell hole and take care of you myself."

"I didn't want to be anyone's problem. And I thought that I could handle it."

"You will never be a problem, sweetheart! You know I love you. I would've gladly taken you in!  But you are too stubborn for your own good."

I nodded. "I know. Sorry about that." He chuckled.  "So, about your savior. Are you going to see him again?"

"Yeah, he gave me his phone number and we met today, but he had to leave for soundcheck so we're going to meet up tomorrow."

He grinned. "Do you like him?"

"Well, of course I like him, he is my idol!" I said matter of factly. Adam just laughed. "You're so naive and innocent. No babe, I meant like like him."