Staying strong

Katara was standing on the cliff, looling at the sea. She was walking up and down, anxiously. She had a lot on her mind and she was trying to calm down as always.
"Come on, Katara, you know how to do this. Just calm down, forget about it, it's not important and no one cares." She was breathing too fast, she was not calming down.
"Damn it, Katara!  How hard is it to just forget about it? It's not important! You did it so many times, why can't you do it now?" She was angry at herself for this. She looked at the ocean in front of her again but it didn't help her to calm down. She sat down and tears just started running down her cheeks. She hated herself for it. Nobody needs her crying, she has to be strong so she can protect others. Besides, who cares about this emotions anyway. She felt stupid and useless.
"Katara... What's wrong?" She didn't dare to look up. She didn't want Aang to see her like this.
"Nothing, I-I'm totally fine." she said. She heard him sigh.
"Katara please. Don't hide from me." She was battling with herself. She never wanted to show anyone this side of her.
"Go away, I don't need anyone to see me like this." He didn't do what she said.  Instead, she heard him sit down next to her. And then he hugged her. She didn't want to do it, but when she was in his hug, she couldn't hold herself back and she started crying again.
"I know you want to stay strong and all but Katara, you are a human. You can't stay strong all the time. It's okay to cry."
"But I can't, how can I make sure all of you are okay if I'm like this," she said.
"It's okay, Katara, it's okay. We really appreciate what you do for us and I'm sure they understand you can't do it all the time. I understand how you feel, I felt the same way when I failed to be the Avatar everyone wanted me to be, over and over again." She looked at him.
"Thanks for being here for me." He smiled.
"I'm just returning the favour. You know you can always count on me, right?" A small smile appeared on her face.
"Of course."